Cheap online streaming movies (1 Viewer)

oh the alchemist's head. that was great. des from golden horde used to work there. my flatmates little brother pissed on the concrete floor in there by accident.

spooky dooky, i was only thinking about that shop yesterday!!remember they used to have these really cool pictures from bladerunner on the walls, sigh....

i remember scream, the first issue came with an easy to swallow set of dracula's teeth

That brings be back...

Jebus.
Scream. Why did I read it? Used to pick up my copy on a thursday and read it that night.
It didn't scare me, just made me feel lonely and inspire thoughts of the occult in my little 11yr old head.
All witch skeletons at the bottom of lakes and dodgy lifts.

Whizzer & Chips was always a good old romp. Sweeny Toddler was a little mentalist.

Did anyone EVER give a singe flying fuck for the Beezer? Whaddaheaposhit.

I actually used to enjoy reading my sisters Bunty & Judy annuals, hoping to see some tit probably.

But 2000ad takes the biscuit. Might be time for a visit home to pick up all those reams of my papery youth...

Confirmed.

It was Battle, which in turn became Battle Action Force. I've got about 500 of 'em back home in
my parents attic...

There were 673 issues of Battle printed before it joined forces with Eagle in 1988.
Some famous stories were Johnny Red, Charley's War, Dredger, Spinball Wars and the Rat Pack.

Before joining with "Eagle", Battle joined up with "Action" and about 1985- 1986 combined with the company that manufactured Action Force figures.

I wanna eat pancakes and read my comics
*bawl*

For Golden Horde fun go here
http://members.aol.com/smedley01/goldenhordemainpage.html#mainpage

The homepage even has an embarrassing quote from me!

One of my fondest school memories was when our english teacher (Con Harvey) starting slagging Sinead Bradshaw for fancying Jim Kerr (him being the singer in Simple Minds).

The look of horror on her face when he described the talented Jim as looking like "Plug from the Bash Street Kids" was fucking priceless...

[1]sorry i'm a bit bored here[/1]

That brings be back...

Stuart Little (13 Feb, 2002 11:03 a.m.):

Jebus.
Scream. Why did I read it? Used to pick up my copy on a thursday and read it that night.
It didn't scare me, just made me feel lonely and inspire thoughts of the occult in my little 11yr old head.
All witch skeletons at the bottom of lakes and dodgy lifts.

Girly equivalent was 'Misty', full of mysterious goings on in haunted boarding schools and neighbours called Dr. A.C. Ula, and stories that finsihed with "The End?" - I always have to buy Misty annuals when I see them in charity shops. They always have a foxy Goth chick on the cover - in fact, I think Misty comics were at the root of the whole Goth movement, we all wanted to be that burd in the flowing white gown staring enigmatically at a full moon with bats silhouetted against it. Or maybe it was just me.

charleys war was the best stroy in that mag.. that and capn cadman... the coward. anyone have the charly's war books... i'll swap ye for em.

or does any one have the adventures of luke arkwright by brain talbot.. i've been looking for dem for years wo no avail...

That brings be back...

Lollo Rosso (13 Feb, 2002 11:08 a.m.):
we all wanted to be that burd in the flowing white gown staring enigmatically at a full moon with bats silhouetted against it. Or maybe it was just me.

nope.
me too.
misty rocked.

oh, and stu?
*i* liked the beezer. so there.

Bryan Talbot has his own site- might be able to get L Arkwright stuff there.

Speaking of Battle/Action Force,way back in 1987 i sent off a few drawings to them ,as you do, and forgot all about them.
Over the nextyear i started getting cheques in the mail and seeing as i lived in a place where there were no comic shops i never got to see what they weref or .
until recently..

sorry... time architecture chip was off line there.. they paid you way back when. fair play.

And remember the comics which merged with 200AD - Tornado (which gave us ABC Warriors and was printed on amazingly shit paper) and Starlord (which gave us Strontium Dog and was printed on really nice paper)... Great fun both... I'm the proud posessor of a couple of dog-eared copies of each.
And remember Warrior which was out at the same time? Original home to V For Vendetta... Classic.
And btw Hector, I too have a complete run of Arkwright and you can have a lend if and only if you apologise unreservedly to everyone for everything both in the past and in the future. Fair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back