Cheap but decent CD player with headphone amp? (1 Viewer)

sonofstan

Ok, situation is this: I'm going to be separated from my record collection for long periods over the coming year and with no access to a turntable. I need something to play music on that's not a MP3 player and my laptop doesn't have a disc drive (and anyway, the soundcard is crap).

I reckon there's enough cheap CDs in charity shops these days to keep me amused for cheap so I just need something to play them on - i imagine whatever portables are still on the market are terrible, but maybe I'm wrong? Failing that, a relatively compact stand alone with built in headphone amp that's not too shoddy would work since it doesn't actually need to be portable, just compact. I have some reasonable phones.

Any recommendations? And don't try and convince me as to the virtues of bigger and better farts- in- jars: aluminium is compromise enough.

Looking on Argos I'd be nearly tempted to get an auld tape/cd boombox. I have tonnes of old tapes that I wanna have a listen to before I pitch and my dictaphone hasn't got great sound + can be a bit unwieldy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back