Cheap,decent sounding practice amps. (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
Looks like I may finally be getting a practice amp for home use. Something cheap,not too loud,maybe 5-10w. Because it's for home use,valves are probably out,and I have no problem with modelling....but has to be cheap.

Anyone any preferences/advice?

The Fender Mustang I looks like something I could live with.

http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/mustang/models.php/?prodNo=230001

There ya go G man.

Two reccomendations.What more could you ask for.

Although..I do want toreplace the gammy stock speaker that came in my combo.Its not a deal breaker by any means..sounds lovely..but I've heard the wee Fender amps..they sound exquisite..which I attribute to a higher quality speaker.

I've a micro cube.Great little amp.Very robust..I used to busk with mine.It still sees service in the studio.

thats actually why i went for the head - 4/8/16 ohm outputs so you can plaug an play with any cab at all - mainly use my diy 40w bass cab with it.

when you say 'cheap/decent' this thing is cheap and deadly. i use my tone about 6 o clock with a strat. where are you at with yours transformation?

For Valves I'd third the VHT and for solid state microcube is your man, so yeah what the lads above already said. Marshall DFX aren't bad either if your happy with the modelling route. I use a Harley Benton 5 Watter myself with a nice enough Laney 1x12.

thats actually why i went for the head - 4/8/16 ohm outputs so you can plaug an play with any cab at all - mainly use my diy 40w bass cab with it.

when you say 'cheap/decent' this thing is cheap and deadly. i use my tone about 6 o clock with a strat. where are you at with yours transformation?

Aww man..I genearlly have the tone cranked to the top and the bboost switch pulled.Round a bout 12 oclock on the Volume though

But I use a Marshall Jackhammer(a HIGHLY underrated lil pedal..only pedal I own in fact..for this sole purpose..PLUS..its shite through the Marshall,but the Marshall not supposed to have anything bar a guitar)to give me that bit of extra grit(I'm talking a SMIDGEN..).I find the VHT is a little bit clean otherwise

Edit..I may build a extension cab for it too.A 12" speaker would make all the difference

i'm all about glassy warmy strat playing these days, i've a (very locally sourced) dod 250 in front of it and its amazing, distortion level is controlled by the plectrum.

I've been hankering for a glassy strat sound lately.Love that tone.

watched a few youtube demos,I'm still leaning toward the mustang. For some reason I had it in my head the microcube would sound bad,it definately sounds better than I expected.

I'm not familiar with the Mustang but it has a hell of a lot included.

Have you tried that boost of mine into the VHT, that should give you some glass.

No I havent actually.Gonna try that right now.

The pickups in my Tele are a fucking disgrace though.It breaks my heart to play it really does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back