Charlie Brookers Gameswipe (1 Viewer)

Saw it for the first time last night. Seemed pretty good. I prefer Screenwipe though.

I thought it was pretty good for a one off. I wouldn't mind seeing Brooker host a 6 parter version of it. If this got to replace Newswipe I wouldn't mind.

Yeah, it was entertaining if a bit rudimentary. I reckon a 3/4 part series would do - like they did with the first series of Screenwipe (I think). Don't think there's enough scope yet for a proper series. Zeropunctuation crams as much bile and humour into 5 minutes.

I don't think someone who doesn't know videogames would be enticed to watch it and those who do would already know most of what he's saying. It's kinda dull and Dara O'Briain's part is crap.

I don't think someone who doesn't know videogames would be enticed to watch it and those who do would already know most of what he's saying. It's kinda dull and Dara O'Briain's part is crap.

Em yeah, like games erm you know shite, you erm ye yeyey bolllix yeah. in ireland yeah like games spectrum 48k

He seems like the kinda guy that plays games for a week after they come out then gives up. The point he made about games being the only media that prevents you from seeing the entirety of it even after paying for it was pretty good I thought.

Charlie Brooker:

Q: One-off or series? A: A one-off. Dunno bout a series, wd maybe another one-off if asked. May now cover games in Screenwipe tho.

Gameswipe did much better in the ratings than both Newswipe and Screenwipe

Yeah, it was entertaining if a bit rudimentary. I reckon a 3/4 part series would do - like they did with the first series of Screenwipe (I think). Don't think there's enough scope yet for a proper series. Zeropunctuation crams as much bile and humour into 5 minutes.

Brooker's show is definitely funnier than Zero Punctuation. Or maybe it's just that the Zero Punctuation format gets tiresome after the first few times seeing it. There's plenty of scope if Brooker was actually reviewing games. In gameswipe he's more doing a sort of potted history of videogaming than actual reviews.

Gamesmaster set the bar too high 10 years ago... nothing will ever reach those dizzy heights again..

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erxh0vKEySQ"]YouTube - Richard Herring & Stewart Lee on "Gamesmaster" Part 1 of 2[/nomedia]

That was pretty goo and Charlie Brooker had some very funny moment in it - loved him imagining the back stories on nazis he is killing in Wolfenstein..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back