Charlie Brookers Gameswipe (1 Viewer)

east hastings

Starts tuesday on BBC , usually goes up on youtube by the next day on some fella called xthemusic's page

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00n1j8q

Charlie Brooker sets his caustic sights on video games. Expect acerbic comment as he looks at the various genres, how they have changed since their early conception and how the media represents games and gamers. Features interviews with Dara O'Briain, sitcom scribe Graham Linehan and Rab and Ryan from Consolevania.

Actually I don't think he "sets his caustic sights on video games" in this one according to the reviews in todays papers. Most of them said he was an avid gamer and made this to mostly give out about the media's portrayal of gamers as being basement dwellers.

Actually I don't think he "sets his caustic sights on video games" in this one according to the reviews in todays papers.

They've probably seen the wild popularity of zero punctuation and see there's a market for gamers who will lap up acerbic video game reviews.

edit:
Ha, they even use "acerbic" in their blurb. Go figure.
Charlie Brooker sets his caustic sights on video games. Expect acerbic comment as he ......

and overcomes this by laughing and banging his fist on the table an obscene, unacceptable amount. not cool.

i used to read pc zone! holy hell.

It's fairly mad how crap gaming television shows are considering how big an industry it is (takes in more revenue than music and film industries combined!). A regular show like this would be grrrrreat.

what was the sky gaming show where kids took on the shows pro gamer dudes who were like superheroes? was deadly

Ah nostalgia buzz kicknig in..

For years I thought Peter Kay was Big Boy Barry.

bigboybarry.jpg

peter_kay.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back