Charlie and the chocolate factory! (1 Viewer)

"Sources suggest that the much bigger budget - said to be between £50m and £80m - has enabled the new version to be more faithful to the original. The sets were bigger, and included a river of 192,000 gallons of special-effect melted chocolate. In 1971, the film-makers replaced the chocolate factory's nut-sorting squirrels with a machine, but Burton has had 40 real squirrels trained for weeks to be able to crack walnuts and deposit them on a conveyor belt."

http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/film/features/article298665.ece

tim burton is de bidness. i'm looking forward to this in a big way. and i've only seen the original once.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I thought the trailer made it look utterly utterly pants myself...

me too but some of the reviews sound promising. with burton and depp at the helm its hard to see it being useless.

Its true. Wilder am the best.

Did anyone know that the original one was funded by a sweet company to sell its sweets? And that Dahl hated it so much he refused to let them use the proper name - hence the first film is called willy wonka & chocolate factory

Wavioli said:
Did anyone know that the original one was funded by a sweet company to sell its sweets? And that Dahl hated it so much he refused to let them use the proper name - hence the first film is called willy wonka & chocolate factory

Didn't know that, interesting. Can understand why Dahl wouldn't wanna be attached, but good casting is good casting.

they refer to chocolate throughout the movie as "candy". totally ruined it for me. depp's willy wonka character is heavily based on michael jackson i think aswell with a bit of kubrick's clockwork orange alex thrown in. depp is great. everything else is very average. mleh. very disappointing. couldn't even be classed as a good tim burton movie. even the big screen couldnt save it. i'll proly still dream of golden thickets tho :)

edit : oh and bizzarrely they've only 1 oompa loompa and they digitally photocopy him to make him several oompa loompas and he's crap in the first place. like a really camp asian dwarf who indulges in the most contrived and tasteless choreography you've ever seen an asian dwarf indulge in ever! harrrrumph.

Donkey OJ said:
they refer to chocolate throughout the movie as "candy". totally ruined it for me.

yeah i hated this too...it just sounds strange to hear english people saying it..i kept pointing it out to stacy but im not sure how much he liked my running commentary;)..but overall i loved the film...johnny depp is fucking genius..but absolutely hate the oompa loompah dude..they should have used peter dinklage!

we saw a wee dude when we were walking back up form the cinema and i had the biggest urge to run up to him and get him to sing the oompa loompa song..

Went to see this with my niece on Saturday. Thought it was fantastic. Johnny Depp was class. Well worth a fiver in my humble never-wrong opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back