changing image from bitmap to grayscale (1 Viewer)

jimbobjones

Website
www.loserdomzine.com
hi Im trying to edit an image that was scanned as a bitmap tiff. for some reason the image has scanned in really faded and light. [i didnt scan it and dont have it to rescan it myself].
when i change it in Photoshop to grayscale and then try to adjust the color contrast it keeps on changing back to the faded way it was scanned.
any ideas anyone? can i change it a regular grayscale tif that i can edit away to my hearts content or what?

Right so I see what you mean very strange altogether, even when I resave it as a jpeg there's still the same problem. Easy solution is to take a screen shot and adjust that, I've just tried this and works fine. Do you wanna do that or will I send you this one?

cheers lads!
hey HMD how did you get it to that then as my brother has about 30 more scans with the same problem? cheers pal!

convert to greyscale then RGB.
then do a 1.6 gaussian blur
adjust the curves by dragging the middle down or adjust you levels.

the problem seemed to be all that pixels had white around them thus making them look grey, when you zoomed in you could see they were black. the blur sorted this out.

i'm sure you could set up an action and then do a batch process in photoshop to take the pain out of doing the other 30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back