champions league semis (1 Viewer)

benitez is gonna have to tear up his notes.... he's gonna have to wing the next match now.

zenden.... wha the fuck? seriously. how could he not see how shit he was.
fuck it.

liverpool played as expected although finnan out upset benitez's plan of playing riise left wing - riise obviously is a goal threat from here but can deliver a ball as well.

arbeloa was muck. everything he did was shite and hes been superb up til now.

benitez is/was too cagey. 2 defensive midfielders. zenden picked ahead of gonzalez cos he can defend better. kuyt basically another midfielder.
will he change it this summer?

as for chelsea. despicable...especially drogba, cole, terry, fat frankie...
the way they lob the ball into the sky for drogba is laughable when you look at the players and talent they have.

liverpool beat a better chelsea team 2 years ago.

its not over yet.

From the start I had no faith in that formation with those players. Gerrard drifting inside way too much forcing nearly all moves down the left from which point Zenden would either pass it backwards, lose it or cross it along the ground to a Chelsea player. He was utter muck and the imbalance spread through out the team at times. Pennant should have been on from half-time.

liverpool played as expected although finnan out upset benitez's plan of playing riise left wing - riise obviously is a goal threat from here but can deliver a ball as well.

arbeloa was muck. everything he did was shite and hes been superb up til now.

benitez is/was too cagey. 2 defensive midfielders. zenden picked ahead of gonzalez cos he can defend better. kuyt basically another midfielder.
will he change it this summer?

as for chelsea. despicable...especially drogba, cole, terry, fat frankie...
the way they lob the ball into the sky for drogba is laughable when you look at the players and talent they have.

liverpool beat a better chelsea team 2 years ago.

its not over yet.

Ws Finnan still injured? All reports said he had recovered. I've been suspicious for awhile that Benitez was going to drop him fit or not, and play Arbeloa. What a mistake.
Ive been saying it since day one. I think he hasn't had tiem to prove himsef (i still maintain he was poor against Barcelona, and you can hardly judge the Reading game.. although he combined well enough in the Arsenal match.
But my point... Finnan would have cut out Drogbas cross or at least put pressure on Cole. How many passes did Arbeloa give away, and if we're to be honest it was a blatant handball, the scum should have had a penalty.

Zenden.. woeful
Alonso... didn't even looked bothered, another poor display in an indifferent season.

Major changes needed. If we concede one goal at Anfield then we're screwed. I cant see us putting 3 past Chelsea.

But keeping the faith and all that.

the ref Merkel from Germany had a very good game.

he was ok, got suckered by chelsea playacting a bit i felt - was giving frees for chelsea players hitting the ground rather than watching the actual challenges.

what with all of jose's warnings of liverpool players getting drogba booked the fucker drogba should have been booked for all his diving and playacting except the ref hadnt the balls to do it. its the only way he'll stop.

Ws Finnan still injured? All reports said he had recovered. I've been suspicious for awhile that Benitez was going to drop him fit or not, and play Arbeloa. What a mistake.
Ive been saying it since day one. I think he hasn't had tiem to prove himsef (i still maintain he was poor against Barcelona, and you can hardly judge the Reading game.. although he combined well enough in the Arsenal match.
But my point... Finnan would have cut out Drogbas cross or at least put pressure on Cole. How many passes did Arbeloa give away, and if we're to be honest it was a blatant handball, the scum should have had a penalty.

Zenden.. woeful
Alonso... didn't even looked bothered, another poor display in an indifferent season.

Major changes needed. If we concede one goal at Anfield then we're screwed. I cant see us putting 3 past Chelsea.

But keeping the faith and all that.

finnan didnt make the squad so we must presume he was injured.
however you cant say for defo that he would have cut out the cross...although he would have made a better first of it.

arbeloa had a off night. he may be a star next week.

agreed alonso has been poor this season overall and his lack of pace is being terribly exposed. the guy has about 10 bookings!

major changes? using who?

and where the fuck is harry kewell btw?

he was ok, got suckered by chelsea playacting a bit i felt - was giving frees for chelsea players hitting the ground rather than watching the actual challenges.

what with all of jose's warnings of liverpool players getting drogba booked the fucker drogba should have been booked for all his diving and playacting except the ref hadnt the balls to do it. its the only way he'll stop.
Well Trev, alot of semi finals in the Champions league would normally have alot of controversy....was none in this game, I thought he was fair.

Well Trev, alot of semi finals in the Champions league would normally have alot of controversy....was none in this game, I thought he was fair.

well you can think what you like. obviously.

teams have to create said controversy Janer, and both teams created fuck all in the way of controversy or good football. i've never been so relaxed watching a pool v chelsea match.

as for the arbeloa handball....accidental...ball to hand...etc etc
would have been controversial had the ref given it.

the number of unforced errors in the first half was shocking. alonso, gerrard, mascherano, arbeloa... fucking riise played drogba in with a beautiful through ball. reina kept us in it.

much was made of the fact that chelsea are still competing in every game whereas liverpool haven't had to break a sweat since the arsenal game, and i think it showed.

arbeloa was below par and zenden isn't half the player he was ten years ago. obviously he has a physical presence that gonzalez lacks and we're missing aurelio badly, but i think rafa got it wrong not giving gonzo a shot. one year ago harry kewell made ferreira look like an amateur league player in the FA cup semi with riise releasing it quickly down the left and kewell getting his boots white. the same tactic does not work when your winger is in his thirties, fat, and not match-sharp, having recovered (twice?) from serious ligament injuries.

whoever comes in this summer better be able to dribble a bit
seems to be a dying art

tonight showed how valuable finnan is to the team. arbeola is good but finnan is much better. how many goals have come from his crosses this season?he must have been injured yeah?. really dead game though. lacked the intensity i expected. although, im sure anfield's atmosphere will be even more intense than it was too years ago. dont fancy the pools chances though. cant see chelsea not scoring when liverpool are gonna have to play attacking leaving the counter on for chelsea.which they are really good at. cunts. what the fuck was zenden doing there. agree with others here that bellamy should have been left side(or gonzalez) with crouch up front. one nil down against chelsea away after one leg, with no away goal simply does not look good. three will be needed. joe fucking cole. CUNT always does damage against liverpool.

christ.....zenden i s28. 28! sure he looks like he's fifty and he plays like a girl and he looks like code ninja....

i was thinking, if they're gonna hoof the ball like that up to diddies, bring back the hyyp. 3 at the back next game. 2 holding midfielders, five attackers.
there's too much chaff in that pool team, zenden, arbeloa, bellamy, crouch. these players will not take us to the next level. all along i was thinking, where's the goal coming from. kuyts not a finisher, and there's no point having bellamy's pace (which he would use to miss) if there's no room for him. should have put him on ferriera, cos he's not much cop. zenden had so much space.

for all jose's moaning, he has the deepest pockets in the world behind him. liverpool will have to call on what they have that chelsea don't in the next game, and that's teh cop, and tradition. and nicking all the hubcaps from the chelsea bus.

its gonna be some trip to liverpool
mon the pool
if he plays zenden after watching that tape again we can forget it
i hope he plays our goal threats
crouch and kuyt (i can barely say kuyt goal threat without smirking)
tell the fucker to stay in the box
pennant on the right to provide
riise or bellend on the left - pref bellend (more pace and i dont
want to see arbeloa near that left back position)
finnan should be back to provide from the right too
i would like to see the húpla play centre back too to stem the drog

i went home yesterday and straight on to the pool site to check
who the fuckwit would pick - zenden - i couldnt believe even the
clown benitez would do that

and fuck gonzales too hes shit , nearly as bad as zenden
we have nobody to play on the left if we have to play riise at
left full - why isnt bellamy out there - he caused barca loads of
shit out there

fuck kewell too - shite
we have so many wasters in our squad

despite all this i think we can do it

we dont need to go gung ho
1-0 will do
we need to keep the ball and take our time
play the best players we have

i know i said a while back pennant was shit but hes improved
hes still not very good at crossing the ball but he can beat
players if he tries to

as much as I like alonso i thing i would throw the ear out to
see what kind of money the top spanish sides would give for him

tell riise to stop hoofing
gerrard and masch will need strict instruction to keep coming back to
take the ball from the defenders

were missing aurelio - he was starting to look good

wheres the young talent coming through
is gerrard the last one
not good enough im afraid
sack heighway

i pray to god pepsi doesnt have any howlers from crosses
or were fooked

as for hideouscuntface and his playacting
rip that sneeze triangle off his face and lube it up
a bit in that nest of his and insert it in his anus please sami

they really were there for the taking in the second half
were blessed they play like that
really lucky to be only one down
united would probably have murdered us if we played them like that

YNWA
I cant fucking wait for the second leg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back