Celebrity Creeps Thread (6 Viewers)

As in he's a rapist megalomaniac celeb and his victims get to be the subject of a misogynistic internet pile-on? I think we're there already

my very rough post mortem on depp vs heard is that depp was cleared because she fabricated a load of shit.

But what i meant in this case is that it'll become everyones celebrity drama for a few months and whos right/wrong is completely irrelevant so long as people score internet points.

So, is it generally accepted that the rape allegations aren't true? Because if they are true, we are monsters.
Consistent accusations from female supporters about him agreeing to sex with condoms and then him slipping them off, or waking up to this guy having sex with them.
It's when these women connected their stories that they went to the cops. They wanted STD tests for peace of mind.
This is people who liked him and believed in his mission, not some honey trap.

He hid for so long that some statutes of limitations slipped and the Swedes dropped the case. And people want to move on with their lives.
But the allegations were legit from day one.
This is who he is.

What I meant in both cases is that many people will side with a male celeb and very readily hate any woman going against him.

I just read through that. I think my at the time reaction was that they are both terrible people and it shouldn't be a public pinata to talk about domestic abuse in the way people talk about brigerton or whatever. I take your point on board anywhoo fair enough - depp hits women.

For the record I've hated amanda palmer for years though. Looking at Gaiman From a male gaze point of view there really is a cut off point with age once you hit a certain number of years - I don't think Gaiman is ever going to justify that stuff to be honest. half your age plus seven like....*

I think maybe it might be closer to JK rowling 2.0 - people have a very close relationship with the books and they don't immediately want to live with the idea that the books came from someone they would wildly disagree with in reality on fundamental things.

Looking at Gaiman From a male gaze point of view there really is a cut off point with age once you hit a certain number of years... .....half your age plus seven like....*
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I dunno, we may not approve but these people are living different lives.

This lady is some up & coming Youtuber or whatever, not some inegnue out of her depth.
Maguire is a notably horrible person, but everything is seemingly consensual here. He's not her boss, she's not a dope.
I would guess that both these adults understand what they have to offer each other in this situation. Let them cook. I hope her Q score does numbers off this.

I may be an agent of the patriarchy, but I'm also trying not to take a second every time the internet asks me to be mad about something.
There's currency here for everyone from the Daily Mail to Twitter in showcasing this pairing for outrage.

Aye I get what you are saying. Adults gonna adult and all.

But also like the thought of going out with someone who's offset by more than a generation is kinda mad - what the fuck would you be chattin baout like. Taylor swift ERA's tour meets 'well there was this guy called kurt cobain who died a decade before you were born but I was like, your age at the time.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back