Celebrity Creeps Thread (5 Viewers)

You should probably be replying to egg.
ah, right. Thanks. @egg_

Problem is no doubt someone is mates with him here. I'm sure he's lovely and whatever. I just remember being JFC isn't that??? in school, and then feeling a bit shit about things when she was pregnant and vanished.

Maybe they were both sublimely happy, it's not my place to think anything. It's just, basically there's really inappropriate looking relationships happening all the time. Even with people that maybe aren't slimey English comedians.

my wife was telling me some similar tales of girls she was in school with. not far from the above. one 17 y.o. girl who ended up having an affair with the father of the kids she was babysitting.

Is poppy wearing David O'Doherty sticking up for Russel Brand there?

I thought he was having a sly dig but fuck the poppy wearing. I did see him post these a few days ago.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To my shock and surprise, some people I know and respect were surprised by the allegations against Brand. There was something about the manner of the allegations coming out like a bombshell.
Personally I was baffled that anyone would ever think he's anything other than a massive arsehole. The evidence has been there since the 90's. "Oh he was always very generous with the fans when he would come to the Boleyn Ground". You mean he's a relentless attention seeking narcissist.

I did see him post these a few days ago.

He's been consistently pretty good, for at least since he was doing his isolation podcast anyway, about supporting and amplifying people who say that there are shitty things that happen in the comedy industry.

i know o'doherty has ulster relations, but i don't know if they'd consider themselves nationalists, unionists, neither or both. just mentioning it in case there's family history there which makes the poppy issue relevant.

he mentioned the northern relations in the context of being called 'o'dockerty' on english TV - says he's used to it because that's the pronunciation his northern relations use.

i know o'doherty has ulster relations, but i don't know if they'd consider themselves nationalists, unionists, neither or both. just mentioning it in case there's family history there which makes the poppy issue relevant.

he mentioned the northern relations in the context of being called 'o'dockerty' on english TV - says he's used to it because that's the pronunciation his northern relations use.

It's very much a Donegal name and pronounced pretty close to 0'Dockerty in Irish: Ó Dochartaigh

Dunno if any of that relates to himself though. I'd imagine the poppy was just a BBC thing.

yep, and politics is not part of his brand (sorry). he's not a comedian who would want to be drawn into a 'look at the paddy refusing to wear a poppy' row, i suspect. what's his line, something like whimsical musical humour?

He's a prod too.

Though I'm one too and I don't/wouldn't wear one. Been asked about it in the past in England too.

what's his line, something like whimsical musical humour?
Pretty much, with the added bonus that it's actually funny

At EP in 2022 I spent a while in the comedy area and it was mostly young Irish people clumsily trying to comment on US or UK politics. What fucking country are ye in lads? DO'D was a breath of fresh air when he came on

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back