Celebrity Creeps Thread (6 Viewers)

Why is it the BBC's job to investigate this??

Pretty sure it's because nothing illegal has happened, but the family want the guy fired/cancelled etc.

That's why the family went to The Sun.
There was no legal remedy, so they went with the mob one.

Or that's my read of it

Last edited:
I'd say more likely some sort of payoff occurred the accusation was made and then suddenly dropped with a statement from the family's lawyer no less.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rainbow was a really cool no budget attempt at Sesame Street. Geoffrey was a lovely guy RIP.

I have a friend who thinks Jacko was innocent and ''wasn't convicted of anything''.
But neither was Jimmy Saville.
I couldn't give a damn about Jacko so I don't really care.
''Why would you let your kids visit Michael Jackson?''

Rainbow was a really cool no budget attempt at Sesame Street. Geoffrey was a lovely guy RIP.

I have a friend who thinks Jacko was innocent and ''wasn't convicted of anything''.

This is partly the power of music

He made some incredible records
Anyone who loved Off The Wall or Thriller or Bad were all groomed on some level.
People didn't just like him, they wanted to be him.
Look at that Alien Ant Farm video - MJ did an absolute number on an entire generation
Only stands to reason he'd have defenders

Like Rock N Roll Part II is okay and all, but no one gives a fuck about deleting Gary Glitter off the face of the earth.

tumblr_inline_otm0vjubRE1tuzcai_500.gif

i went down the rabbit hole after hearing something that suggested that MJ might not be a Pedo, and came out the other side very unconvinced. I now suspect he probably wasn't, at least in any normal definition of pedophile.
It's strange, I was always convinced he was. Even writing this makes me uncomfortable, but yeah, I suspect he was being extorted.

This is partly the power of music

He made some incredible records
Anyone who loved Off The Wall or Thriller or Bad were all groomed on some level.
People didn't just like him, they wanted to be him.
Look at that Alien Ant Farm video - MJ did an absolute number on an entire generation
Only stands to reason he'd have defenders

Like Rock N Roll Part II is okay and all, but no one gives a fuck about deleting Gary Glitter off the face of the earth.
I much prefer Glitter's music and his stage show to Jacko (not a joke).
Glitter was often happily featured in the same tabloids in the 80's and 90's that made him a hate figure afterwards.
Glitter gained a big audience of UK university students in the 80's. not sure how that came about.
The Glitter Band's dual drummers influenced The Fall and Adam And The Ants.
Gary the glam banger gets no royalties from his hits as he sold his rights even before his paedo antics became known.
whoever brought the rights must be pissed off.

The only record featuring MJ that I like is Somebody's Watching by ROCKWELL where Jacko sings the chorus.
I used to like the chorus of Smooth Criminal when I was a kid:
''EDDIE ARE YOU OK?! ARE YOU OK?! ARE YOU OK EDDIE?...'' was fun to sing.
I can think of anything else Jacko did that ever meant shit to me (at any age).

I do an impression of Jacko dancing where I walk backwards dragging my feet, do a plodding 360 turn,
then move my hand towards my groin, raise my other hand and do a high pitched ''WHOOO! WHOOO! WHOOO!'' while repeating the hand moves.

I (born in 1975) had a habit of laughing at Jackson fans growing up and so did many other kids I encountered. I had a similarly strong dislike of Madonna.
Don't know how anyone could take either of them seriously into teenage years.

I thought Rick Astley was cool when I was 11 or 12 though. Rick buggered off after that.

i went down the rabbit hole after hearing something that suggested that MJ might not be a Pedo, and came out the other side very unconvinced. I now suspect he probably wasn't, at least in any normal definition of pedophile.
It's strange, I was always convinced he was. Even writing this makes me uncomfortable, but yeah, I suspect he was being extorted.
I think Jackson had a very unhealthy attitude to kids. But whether he abused them I don't know.
But no one can say he's innocent with certainty - which was my issue with that biased Jacko fan I mentioned before.
I never watched that alleged victims documentary from late 2010's and don't even know what they said. I am not even interested.

The first round of Jackson allegations started in 1993 and all those stations who only stopped playing his music in 2019(?) were pretty late to the party.

Remember this joke from 1993 related to a contemporary advert slogan?

''Why does Michael Jackson give kids cheese?''
''Because kids will do anything for Dairylea"

here's a 1985 Belgian hardcore punk song about Michael Jackson.
I love the chorus. the rest of it is OK
CAPITAL SCUM - Michael Jackson

I wanted to sample the chorus and prank play it down the phone to a guy called Mike.
''MICHAEL! MICHAEL!''
''What?''
''MICHAEL!''
''Yeah, it's Michael here''
''MICHAEL!''
''What's wrong?!''
''FUCK OFF!''

The whole BBC thing does turn the power balance argument on its head. The celeb has way more to loose, ask Dave Ellefeson.

Am I simplifying things be seeing it like his:
Presenter: Hi lets have some sexy fun
young guy: ok
P: by the way I'm famous with don't tell any one
Y: I think I will
P: you little prick!

Also I don't give a shit. Everyone is entitled to their private life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back