Celebrity Creeps Thread (3 Viewers)

You don't think it's a problem when someone tries to dictate to the person they're with who they can be friends with, what they can wear, what they can post on social media and entangled in an all that do those things in a way that is detrimental to someone's career?
Couples are always setting boundaries for each other in big and small ways
This was a private conversation and/or row, with lots of history behind it, it seems

Putting someone's private messages on the world wide web seems really fucked up to me
But everyone's got their own view on this stuff

Anyways only came here to say that I hope the BBC TV presenter that was involved with a teen wasn't our own Graham Norton. Hope it's one of the English ones.
We don't need it.

Couples are always setting boundaries for each other in big and small ways

A boundary is something you establish for yourself, not impose upon others. Using therapy language in that kind of way is pretty fucked up.

The whole thing reminded me of this thing I read from a few weeks ago on weaponising therapy language to validate being a shit ...

The healthy thing for him to do would be have a think about it and examine the fact that he wanted a hot, surfer girlfriend, in particular this one and his insta history indicates that part of his attraction for her was what she put up there but if he couldn't handle actually having the girl he wanted then he wasn't in the right relationship for either of them. He didn't actually want the girl he was going out with, he wanted someone who looked like the girl he was going out with but who wasn't actually the person he was going out with.

Relationships are of course about compromise and hopefully mutual betterment/fulfillment/support, my better half would love me to be a lot tidier than I am, and I'm happy to try to be. But if she started trying to fundamentally change who I am in a way that has an negative impact on me then that'd be a problem. We want to make our lives better for each other, my read on all that was that he was trying to make her's worse.

A boundary is something you establish for yourself, not impose upon others. Using therapy language in that kind of way is pretty fucked up.

The whole thing reminded me of this thing I read from a few weeks ago on weaponising therapy language to validate being a shit ...

The healthy thing for him to do would be have a think about it and examine the fact that he wanted a hot, surfer girlfriend, in particular this one and his insta history indicates that part of his attraction for her was what she put up there but if he couldn't handle actually having the girl he wanted then he wasn't in the right relationship for either of them. He didn't actually want the girl he was going out with, he wanted someone who looked like the girl he was going out with but who wasn't actually the person he was going out with.

Relationships are of course about compromise and hopefully mutual betterment/fulfillment/support, my better half would love me to be a lot tidier than I am, and I'm happy to try to be. But if she started trying to fundamentally change who I am in a way that has an negative impact on me then that'd be a problem. We want to make our lives better for each other, my read on all that was that he was trying to make her's worse.
I get you

But it's a snippet of a relationship at a very contentious time
It's viewing a house through a letterbox

he doesn't want her hanging out of buff dudes, presumably because his history of hating his body and all that shit that goes with it. everyone's carrying some trauma
she's free to walk at any second
but she didn't, she put all his private thoughts online as a 'fuck you and your career'. apparently perfectly ok

almost everything on that list would be a given in a normal relationship - not between two narcissists hooked on fame and public adulation

Also, I don't really care

It's my understanding that the victim is a woman?
Reddit said last night it was a boy

But fuck knows
Rumour, hearsay and innuendo

Also, the article said the person was taken off the air last week. So that's unlikely to be our Graham.

It's my understanding that the victim is a woman?

You could picture some people licking their lips while they were tweeting unestablished allegations about him, or that Rylan guy who I only know from being on gogglebox with his mum,

Some apparently notable troll bit off more than he can chew saying it was Jeremy Vine, who said he's brining the lawyers in.

The BBC creep seems to be a real whodunit

I'm saying nothing. I do have a guess in my head, but it's only conjecture. Usually I'd hear something from somewhere. There's been loads of things on the news that were SHOCKING REPORTS over the years that actually the dogs on the street knew about.

London isn't actually that big is what I'm saying. But this one, I'm not hearing anything.

It is really creepy though. I don't understand this stuff. There's a thriving sex industry, why pay someone loads of money for sexting, or whatever this is.

I'm saying nothing. I do have a guess in my head, but it's only conjecture. Usually I'd hear something from somewhere. There's been loads of things on the news that were SHOCKING REPORTS over the years that actually the dogs on the street knew about.

London isn't actually that big is what I'm saying. But this one, I'm not hearing anything.

It is really creepy though. I don't understand this stuff. There's a thriving sex industry, why pay someone loads of money for sexting, or whatever this is.

There was a clue there.

That's a very specific story to construct from a few screenshots from an argument they had - though in fairness maybe you know more about this than me (which wouldn't be hard).

I guess I just think that if anyone I knew posted extracts from a row they'd had with their SO in public I'd be appalled, and that there's no way I'd feel able to judge who was in the wrong/right without getting a LOT more context directly from the people involved.

Ah I was just going off some trending tags on twitter, I haven't a fucking clue really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back