Celebrity Creeps Thread (10 Viewers)

I knew a lad who did weird shit who dressed up in a suit with a white tie and hung out in churches reading from the bible and him and his peer group literally were spreading the message of god. Nonone could have suspected a thing shir he was in family photos and at weddings and funerals and everything.

Soz I'm just using your post to highlight the pattern that these pricks have a talent for seeking out positions where the lines of moral defense are ready established. Repeal t-shirts and rainbow motifs are inexpensive things. I'm not saying that every lad in a repeal shirt is a perp, I'm more doing my usual thing of looking at the weaknesses in the zeitgiest, where does your modern day 1960's horror show priest hide out? In plain sight.

Like half the reason he got called out because he was hanging out on twitter being 'supportive' towards the victims in the wrestling scene. Since he got called out, someone else got called out for being 'supportive' towards the victims of this one on twitter for being a rapist and they immediately deleted their whole twitter. There are plenty of genuine men out there doing the exact same thing who have no other intention than to just not be that bad things that men can be who look identical to this.

Like I don't know what the solution is, i'm just saying its a thing. There will be people right now how are spending days on end calling out terfs who'll be villians of tomorrow, just because thats the moral parasol of the moment.
Ive discovered that those Men who make the Most noise with regards to Purportedly supporting feminism often are absolute total fucking creeps and prey on the vulnerable they supposedly are there to support.

Be very aware of those men.

Maybe this links in and maybe it doesn't but I was chatting to a woman in work a while ago who used to work in the prison service. Her job was working on rehabilitation and education programs for prisoners. A lot of the people she was working with were sex offenders. She was talking to a prison guard one of the days and saying she actually found some of the guys really nice and really friendly and couldn't quite square the crimes they'd done with the person she was talking to. The prison guard brought up the point that of course they appeared nice, they were generally really manipulative people and that's how they were able to prey on people.

Sub-point: I'm probably going to get piled on for saying this but if you're spending all day calling out TERFs on whatever social media platform, chances are you're probably trying to deflect attention from something in your own life.

Maybe this links in and maybe it doesn't but I was chatting to a woman in work a while ago who used to work in the prison service. Her job was working on rehabilitation and education programs for prisoners. A lot of the people she was working with were sex offenders. She was talking to a prison guard one of the days and saying she actually found some of the guys really nice and really friendly and couldn't quite square the crimes they'd done with the person she was talking to. The prison guard brought up the point that of course they appeared nice, they were generally really manipulative people and that's how they were able to prey on people.
There's probably some truth to this but it's also the perfect argument to make if you want to ensure that rehabilitation gets completely defunded; lock everyone up and throw away the key because anything that might be seen as good can be painted as bad.

There's probably some truth to this but it's also the perfect argument to make if you want to ensure that ...
Is there a name for the rhetorical technique where you say "that may be true, but it sounds like something a Bad Person would say and therefore you shouldn't say it?". FWIW I think we all ought to stop using that technique, whatever it's called, at least on thumped, because it prioritises winning a discussion over learning from it

Publicly humiliating people on the street through song was his thing at one point though, or was this something different? Not saying it was wonderful comedy but the crowds of people thought it was gas at the time.
he approached her (she was on her own) and started talking to her in an innocent fashion and then started telling her she looked like a dirty bird and was asking what her fetishes were.

Is there a name for the rhetorical technique where you say "that may be true, but it sounds like something a Bad Person would say and therefore you shouldn't say it?". FWIW I think we all ought to stop using that technique, whatever it's called, at least on thumped, because it prioritises winning a discussion over learning from it
Ok then, i'll be less polite about it.

The above argument by the prison guard is an unprovable piece of received wisdom that hurts the disadvantaged and can be used to win any and every argument against those who believe rehabilitation is possible. It's the Graham Linehan line of argument where you find one outlier example to prove your point and then apply the lessons for it across the board indiscriminately.

he approached her (she was on her own) and started talking to her in an innocent fashion and then started telling her she looked like a dirty bird and was asking what her fetishes were.
Fucking hell.

There's probably some truth to this but it's also the perfect argument to make if you want to ensure that rehabilitation gets completely defunded; lock everyone up and throw away the key because anything that might be seen as good can be painted as bad.

I don't think so. The woman herself was working on the rehabilitation programs so it wouldn't have been in her interest to get the funding cut. I think she just found it more interesting from a human interaction perspective. Don't think the guard was coming at it from that angle either. I think he's coming more from the protective viewpoint was "they seem like nice guys but just be careful"
I think it's just yourself that was reaching that conclusion.

I don't think so. The woman herself was working on the rehabilitation programs so it wouldn't have been in her interest to get the funding cut. I think she just found it more interesting from a human interaction perspective. Don't think the guard was coming at it from that angle either. I think he's coming more from the protective viewpoint was "they seem like nice guys but just be careful"
I think it's just yourself that was reaching that conclusion.
Please don't turn this into a personal attack on me.

I am surprised that it had never occurred to this presumably trained woman in a rehabilitation program that the sex offenders might a) be manipulative and b) want to prey on people. I have no training in the area and this is the first thing that occurs to me and I would challenge anyone to read the comments on any related story and not find comment after comment saying this.

Ok then, i'll be less polite about it.

The above argument by the prison guard is an unprovable piece of received wisdom that hurts the disadvantaged and can be used to win any and every argument against those who believe rehabilitation is possible. It's the Graham Linehan line of argument where you find one outlier example to prove your point and then apply the lessons for it across the board indiscriminately.

Ah seriously, that's some leap in logic from prison guard who has years of experience of dealing with convicted sex offenders telling person "be careful around these convicted sex offenders that I've known personally for many years" to "Clearly, you're the sort of person who's against trans rights".

I never said anyone was against trans rights I said it's the same line of logic but ok, fair enough, maybe the security guard was just issuing a warning to a very naive person.

Please don't turn this into a personal attack on me.

I am surprised that it had never occurred to this presumably trained woman in a rehabilitation program that the sex offenders might a) be manipulative and b) want to prey on people. I have no training in the area and this is the first thing that occurs to me and I would challenge anyone to read the comments on any related story and not find comment after comment saying this.

Here's the thing, she wasn't told that the people she was working with were sex offenders at the start. She didn't know what any of the people she was working with were in for specifically. She only found this out after being in the job for a while. She only found out when she tried to set one of the guys up on a computer skills course and was told that said person should never be given access to a computer. She was surprised at how likable that guy and a few of the others were, considering what they were in for and also what your perception of what a serial sex offender would be like. Particularly based on media portrayal. That's how the conversation with the guard came about.

Ok, i'm gonna chilll, this is getting too heated. Sorry sleepy, lets be pals. Thumped pals.

Here's the thing, she wasn't told that the people she was working with were sex offenders at the start.

This changes everything in all honesty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back