CD duplication (1 Viewer)

You get what you pay for tbh.

You wont get a 4 or 5 day turnaround on a few thousand cd's from GZ.
Nice try :rolleyes: Who here is going to be pressing more than 1000 CDs?

If a quick turnaround is all trend provides for the extra money, then I'll have my stuff ready a little earlier and stick with GZ thanks. I've had CDs done by trend, by GZ and by some crowd in Austria whose name escapes me now, and have noticed no difference apart from price.

Next time I'm getting something done I'll give Hector Grey a shout, he works for some duplication crowd now and while they're not as cheap as GZ I would prefer to local if I could

Pardon my ignorance but Hector Grey as in the shop on Liffey Street that sells plastic things?

The main differences between replication places is price, as a CD is a CD basically.

But other important differences are level of service, speed of service, risk of your CD's being damaged while being shipped from Eastern Europe/Asia.

Do GZ and others check the PQ on your master and listen to it before duplicating it? No, and isnt it easier to collect your CD's locally a few days after you drop off the master, rather than having to deal with customs etc?

You can buy pretty much anything cheaper if you look outside this ridiculously overpriced country, but in return it takes a hell of a lot more time, effort and sometimes added expense.

I get CDs done in England.

Any of the places I've dealt with are incredibly helpful, check the master and deliver to my door. They are also a lot more comfortable with nonstandard packaging.

Even with the currency difference, it works out much cheaper than Trend - who quoted me prices in Monopoly money.

In summary, getting cds done in the UK is more expensive than GZ but less hassle and faster.

Next time I'm getting something done I'll give Hector Grey a shout, he works for some duplication crowd now and while they're not as cheap as GZ I would prefer to local if I could

We used them for the 'fed up and strange' single. Quick and pain free. No glitches. I plan to use him again for me album.

Pardon my ignorance but Hector Grey as in the shop on Liffey Street that sells plastic things?
He's a guy who posts here ...

Do GZ and others check the PQ on your master and listen to it before duplicating it?
No idea, but I have had problems with a master picked up by GZ in time for me to get it a fresh master couriered across from the mastering house in Finland (yep, I'm an international type of feller)

isnt it easier to collect your CD's locally a few days after you drop off the master, rather than having to deal with customs etc?
I'm in Co. Louth, so it's handier for me to have GZ deliver stuff to my door rather than driving down to Trend. The Czech Republic is in the EU now so you don't have to deal with customs at all

You can buy pretty much anything cheaper if you look outside this ridiculously overpriced country, but in return it takes a hell of a lot more time, effort and sometimes added expense.
Lookit dude, I have no problem with Trend - seems to me you charge a premium for your visibility, which is fair enough as your main market seems to be larger organisations who don't have a huge incentive to shop around. This board, however, is mostly frequented by people pressing smallish runs of CDs that they'll be lucky to make their money back on, so price is a big issue. I have found personally that the amount of extra time and effort required to get something pressed by GZ compared to getting it done by Trend is small, and the quality of the end product is excellent. I would prefer to get things done locally, but I haven't been able justify doing so from a value for money point of view

I would prefer to get things done locally, but I haven't been able justify doing so from a value for money point of view

Dupladisc do a decent deal i think and are based in Ireland too.
Would be worth checking them out.Out on a limb Records use them, and i'll probably use them shortly myself.I've mailed everyone and they sound the best for me.

...But other important differences are level of service, speed of service, risk of your CD's being damaged while being shipped from Eastern Europe/Asia...Do GZ and others check the PQ on your master and listen to it before duplicating it? No, and isnt it easier to collect your CD's locally a few days after ....
Lads and lassies, now im gonna start taken BETS on where crobaro works!!!! i susspect he does there pr releases

Crowbar0 said:
All I've posted is true and relevant.

...and biased aswell. :D if truth is the issue, state your connexion to trend. At least admit that trend is the most expensive by a mile - thats very relevant to the discussion. and only fare to people using boards like these to scope the options for cd copying expeting to get unbiased feedback. tripadvisor wouldnt allow posts by people with connexions coz they know it effects there credibility.

wellconnected musician told me that trend closed down at xmas for good like? says he heard they let a load of people let go - theys topped doing band cds last year to do more cdromsand dvds & it mussend have worked out. i never used them so i dont know...is it true?

wellconnected musician told me that trend closed down at xmas for good like? says he heard they let a load of people let go - theys topped doing band cds last year to do more cdromsand dvds & it mussend have worked out. i never used them so i dont know...is it true?

No, I don't know where you got that from. Still offering all the services that they used to, and going as strong as ever.

...and biased aswell. :D if truth is the issue, state your connexion to trend. At least admit that trend is the most expensive by a mile - thats very relevant to the discussion. and only fare to people using boards like these to scope the options for cd copying expeting to get unbiased feedback. tripadvisor wouldnt allow posts by people with connexions coz they know it effects there credibility.

Yeah, Trend can be more expensive than other replicators, but tbh, it really is a case of getting what you pay for.

Some replication places are nothing more than a guy with a mobile phone and no office. He takes your master, ships it off to god knows where, without listening to it or checking it, and you cd's get shipped back, vunerable to loss/damage/costly mistakes.

Trend is in-house replication/duplication. Quality control is paramount and if there are any problems you can call in in person and have a chat, see where your order is at.

Yeah, Trend can be more expensive than other replicators, but tbh, it really is a case of getting what you pay for.

Some replication places are nothing more than a guy with a mobile phone and no office. He takes your master, ships it off to god knows where, without listening to it or checking it, and you cd's get shipped back, vunerable to loss/damage/costly mistakes.

Trend is in-house replication/duplication. Quality control is paramount and if there are any problems you can call in in person and have a chat, see where your order is at.

So you work for trend then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back