CD duplication (1 Viewer)

Bad Intentions

Website
www.myspace.com
Of all of you here who have put stuff out in the last year or so... who do you get your stuff pressed up with?

Gone with Mid Atlantic Digital in the past and they've always been good. I was just wondering if there's better, cheaper and more efficient?

As usual I'm singing the praises of gzcd in the czech republic. There's nowhere cheaper and they've always done a good job for me (a few months ago they emailed me the wrong airwaybill number for a shipment, but it was a minor mistake I got sorted quickly)

www.gzcd.cz

Of all of you here who have put stuff out in the last year or so... who do you get your stuff pressed up with?

Gone with Mid Atlantic Digital in the past and they've always been good. I was just wondering if there's better, cheaper and more efficient?

Mid Atlantic Digital have a tendancy to fuck up the art work, in my and a few of my fellow designers experience. Watch 'em like hawks

This is true... but in the instance where it happened to us we got an extra 1000 "flawed" CDs (the colour on the CD was wrong) for free...

They made up for their mistake and we got lots of extra merch
I've also found them very pleasant to deal with...

Any problems with the czech place ever? And how long is the turnaround.

Thanks for the feedback!

Heard scaldy stuff about Mid Atlantic, distortion and glitches on classical music which they subsequently charged additionally to put right, the cheeky chancers. Also heard (1st hand) some very heavy handed mastering they did on a rock CD.

I've used GZCD a while back to do digipack CDs (x1000) and they were fine.
Herv had serious problems with them for vinyl though.
Bye now,
Kenny

Used GZ for 7"s before and found them fine. I won't be using MidAtlantic again. Sure they were nice and all but their errors left us running all over dublin making sure stuff was done on time. And in the end it still wasn't put right.

I did have trouble with GZ where they lost the order and the whole thing arrived about 3 weeks too late (they just put the order back in the queue, rather than making it a high priority or anything). But apart from that it was fine...if you have a reasonable time cushion you should be fine.

joss had trouble with gzcd recently, i think, where they gave him a grumpy call or something demanding he pay for the pressing of 'the lonely world', which he had done......in 2001

apart from that i've always thought they were great, particularly for vinyl. incidentally, i think that while less and less plants do vinyl, and even smaller proportion actually do it well. i guess there are less and less properly trained vinyl engineers.

some recent records i've gotten have had terrible pressings. the new hot snakes for one, just not good, whereas the boris vinyl sounds wonderful.

I've heard bad stuff about MA's mastering too.

Yeah, I've heard the bad stuff. Shocking honky Midrange, zero dynamics, brittle Top end, scooped out low-mids and a bottom end that would make Sly and Robbie proud if it wasn't on an acoustic guitar.
AFAIK Mid atlantic are only duplicating at the moment. Yer man Robin Robbins(?) skedaddled back to the states a while back.

I have had bad experiences with them on the glitch front too.
(Anybody on the market for 1000 beer coasters?)
Although it has to be said, that the actual duplication plant (sonopress) were the likely one's who screwed it up.

www.trendstudios.com

great overall service, good mastering engineers and in-house duplication, no brokering

Also the most expensive place I've ever got stuff pressed

If you're getting stuff done with GZ (or anyone) it's a good idea to keep your eye on the ball, ring up every day or two to see how they're getting on etc.

Duplidisc seem to have the best prices as far as i can see.More realistic from what others have quoted.

On GZ - Make sure you make a photocopy the order forms you are sending them.Turn around was quick enough but they insist no insert was required/specified, even though i'm sure it was asked for, marked on the order form and art sent on a disc.So i've to do it myself now!
Bad luck is DEFINATELY my god.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back