CD duplication (2 Viewers)

I have been reading - with some amusement, indeed - some of the posts on this forum. Even a fool can see from the stark absence of objectivity that some of the contributors have vested interests and I believe that it is disingenuous of them not to state their connections.
So, in the interests of transparency, let me state from the outset that I am Paul Waldron, General Manager of Trend Studios, manufacturer of CDs and duplicator of CDRs.
I will not waste your time by promoting Trend on this space – we have enough about ourselves on our own website – nor do I intend to deal with the many ludicrous comments about us, nor the alleged prices attributed to Trend on this thread; however I assure you that, despite earlier posts about the demise of Trend, we ARE open for business!
I suggest to those of you who are planning to release a CD, that you ignore the bulk of commentary on this forum and go directly to those companies offering CD manufacturing services, talk to them or pay them a visit, get their prices (comparing like-with-like) and then decide for yourself.
And you can be certain that there will always be someone desperate enough for your order that they will go cheaper than the cheapest; but you know, you get what you pay for.
I look forward to doing business with you in the future,

Paul Waldron
Trend Studios

PS - For independent information, I recommend that you visit the FMC website; they are funded by The Arts Council and can offer you a lot of good, solid advice.
http://www.firstmusiccontact.com/

someone made a point earlier about CDRs against manufactured CDs What are you making, Michael, real CDs or CDRs? Does anyone know what musicmatters international make? DJs and radio stations just won't play CDRs.

For quantities less than 500 - as stated before you will get CDRs.. Anything above that are fully manufactured

As for DJs and radio stations not playing CDRs thats complete codswallop... Please tell me then why I do promo CDs for a lot of bands.. one of which were in the top Irish acts played on Irish Radio last year. With the bigger stations anyway if youre playlisted youre put into the computer system..

Its at a stage now where its only Majors who get Promos made as a fully manufactured run and thats only for their bigger artists. Anything less will be CDRs as I'm sure Mr Waldron or Michael will also confirm.

Anyone who has used MMI will be able to tell you that you can get a professional product for slightly less. I dont want to get into a CDR war - Havent got the energy - but I dont have the overheads that Trend or Dupadisc have.

Vanessa
MMI

Im getting confused, how many CD duplicators are there in ireland?
Lets confuse you more: there's "duplicators" and "replicators"
"Duplicators" can mean someone in their bedroom with a 4-stack CDR burner and an inkjet printer for the labels "duplicating" CDRs - so, there's millions of them around touting for business.
"Replicators" means the professionals - companies who actually have a factory pressing the CDs with all that glass master stuff, enormous printing machines and can do digipacks and fancy stuff like that. They're also big enough that if there's a cockup they can fix it no hassle, with the little guys your money has been spent on the groceries so there's no comeback. You need real CDs which work on everything unlike CDRs where there can be big problems.
Now - wait for the millions of bedroom duplicators to come out arguing about how great their CDRs are. But if you want it right, you need to go to the pros.

Sorry but I just got quoted 810 quid for 300 cd's from Dupadisc. Hardly great value dudes. I only wanted a cd pressed with a cardboard case (like the Arcade Fire one)

Sorry but I just got quoted 810 quid for 300 cd's from Dupadisc. Hardly great value dudes. I only wanted a cd pressed with a cardboard case (like the Arcade Fire one)

what were you expecting?

cardboard sleeves are costly, and for a small run like this your not going to save much, fact. The real cost in these things is firing up the machines or getting the art work prepped, I'd wager the difference between 300 and 600 isn't going to be that huge, once the job is on the presses it's not much more work to do 600 as it is to do 300

I don't think anyone else is going to give you a vastly different price, and I wager if you get a jewl case price as a benchmark you'll find your packaging is driving up the price...

what were you expecting?

cardboard sleeves are costly, and for a small run like this your not going to save much, fact. The real cost in these things is firing up the machines or getting the art work prepped, I'd wager the difference between 300 and 600 isn't going to be that huge, once the job is on the presses it's not much more work to do 600 as it is to do 300

I don't think anyone else is going to give you a vastly different price, and I wager if you get a jewl case price as a benchmark you'll find your packaging is driving up the price...

I know, i'm starting to realise this now. Why go for such costly options..

An alternative would be to get the covers printed seperate, or something, but you could end up assembling 300 CD wallets... or at least plying mates with spliffs to lure them to a Record Making Party!

I don't really mind that. There's be5 or 6 of us willing and able to put them together really quick. Any tips on where to get stuff like that done cheaply?

I don't really mind that. There's be5 or 6 of us willing and able to put them together really quick. Any tips on where to get stuff like that done cheaply?

McGowans Digital is always a good starting point, I like oxwood too... then start trying local limerick printers, explain to them what you want and see if anyone is up for it... or woo a designer to help you translate the jargon

http://www.mcgdigital.com/

http://www.oxwood.ie/

sounds about typical price if you ask me.
Whats the release?
Benifits of co-releasing a cd are huge, instead of one label trying to get reviews/trade-distribute the record, you have 2/3/whatever amount of labels doing it!The pirce would be cheaper also.

Hi Dupadisc,
what about the CD's themselves. I assume you duplicate them too from the Master copies. What kind of artwork can you get printed on them? A simple 2 or 3 colour band name or anything you like? I assume the more colours you want the more expensive it is? Cheers. I'm interested in getting your company to do our album.

Hi Dupadisc,
what about the CD's themselves. I assume you duplicate them too from the Master copies. What kind of artwork can you get printed on them? A simple 2 or 3 colour band name or anything you like? I assume the more colours you want the more expensive it is? Cheers. I'm interested in getting your company to do our album.

hey bunny, for a quicker response you should contact dupadisc directly from the contact on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back