cat problem (2 Viewers)

i think i'm a bit allergic to the cats, actually. i'm always itchy-eyed and stuffed-up at home. and isn't there some toxin in their shit that's dangerous to human females or something? why anybody keeps these things around is honestly beyond me. cute when they're kittens, yes. aloof fuckheads when they grow up. i mean, i've been living with them for over 2 years now and the 2 boys still won't come near me, even though i've never been less than gentle and coaxing with them.

ok. i've said all i'm going to say in this thread. thanks for the advice folks.

i think i'm a bit allergic to the cats, actually. i'm always itchy-eyed and stuffed-up at home. and isn't there some toxin in their shit that's dangerous to human females or something? why anybody keeps these things around is honestly beyond me. cute when they're kittens, yes. aloof fuckheads when they grow up. i mean, i've been living with them for over 2 years now and the 2 boys still won't come near me, even though i've never been less than gentle and coaxing with them.

ok. i've said all i'm going to say in this thread. thanks for the advice folks.

I believe it's the saliva most are allergic too. However, they are not good to have around ill people with weak immune systems. And pregnant women, although I could just be perpetuating an urban myth here. I am have never actually looked it up to verify.

I believe it's the saliva most are allergic too..

i heard them talking about cat spit on mooney goes wild on one. the cat sits there one the couch/bed licking itself all day and coats itself in spit which dries into the fur and gets left behind on everything the cat sits on as a powdery residue

I believe it's the saliva most are allergic too. However, they are not good to have around ill people with weak immune systems. And pregnant women, although I could just be perpetuating an urban myth here. I am have never actually looked it up to verify.

That's toxoplasmosis... if you are careful even if your cat has it (which it probably wont), you wont get it.

And you can be allergic to the old skin cells the cat sheds as well as the saliva.

pretty kitty

cat_tattoo_01.jpg

yeah, every 3 days, and not by me. problem is if i ask the g/f to start cleaning them out every two days or even daily i'd likely end up in one of the fucking things.

we have two boys and a girl. the whole time i figured it was one of the boys...but maybe our girl has the same problem.

THREE DAYS!
you're lucky the cats aren't shitting on you.

We once left ours for three days- the cats took to draping themselves in little blankets and smearing their leavings all over the kitchen walls going "ner-ne ner ne nerny hai"-- it was a political gesture i think

i think i'm a bit allergic to the cats, actually. i'm always itchy-eyed and stuffed-up at home. and isn't there some toxin in their shit that's dangerous to human females or something?

You have to eat the faeces or rub it in your eyes or be an out of it junkie rolling around in it like yer man in Trainspotting to get anything.

I've seen people allergic to cats though and it's not pretty. They seem to develop a full-blown flu by just being in the same room as a cat. Terrible.

i told the missus in no uncertain terms today that i would assume control of taking care of the litterboxes. she seems fine with it.

work is for money
rock is for sanity!

anyone got something like this for their moggos:

cat_hooded_cat_pan.jpg

any use?
Yes! Good that they stop the cats shitting over the side of the tray onto the floor; bad in that they're not that effective in keeping the stink inside.

Thumpeders with multiple cats: do your cats like to watch each other poo?

cool - where are best pet shops in dublin?
petsuperstore out in blanch is a bit meh...

never noticed em looking at eachother taking
a dump. i often throw the stare down just
to make them feel shame. it's character
building

cool - where are best pet shops in dublin?
petsuperstore out in blanch is a bit meh...

never noticed em looking at eachother taking
a dump. i often throw the stare down just
to make them feel shame. it's character
building

I go to the one on Camden Street mostly. They're very friendly and helpful. They don't have cat loos though. I got mine from Whackers on Parnell St.

My cats have no shame. Bonnie likes to poo in neighbours' plant pots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back