cat problem (1 Viewer)

Lord Damian

so me and the missus have 3 cats...actually, they are all hers, they love her and despise me, and the feeling is mutual...over the past several months, one or more of them has taken to having a shit about a metre away from their litter boxes, which are at the bottom of the entrance stairs (we live on the 2nd floor of a house). this will occur whether or not the litter box is clean or not (and it never gets more than a few days use between cleanings). it is driving me up the wall. what could the problem be? are they trying to tell us something? i'm on the verge of setting up a webcam on the spot (and it's the EXACT same spot every time) and keeping an eye on the little fuckers from work.

it's the EXACT same spot every time.

try putting the litter box there if their so keen on shitting there

failing that, pop a cork in before leaving the house
23043665.jpg

how many litter boxes do you have?
Cats do this when they are unsettled maybe because something has changed in the house or a new person in the house. One way of making a cat more relaxed and confident is to get a damp cloth and rub the fur on their back against the grian.Then rub the same clothe on the box his bed and other places he likes to go. Maybe retrain him with the box using treats and praise or get him his own separate box and put it away from the other one

how many litter boxes do you have?
Cats do this when they are unsettled maybe because something has changed in the house or a new person in the house. One way of making a cat more relaxed and confident is to get a damp cloth and rub the fur on their back against the grian.Then rub the same clothe on the box his bed and other places he likes to go. Maybe retrain him with the box using treats and praise or get him his own separate box and put it away from the other one
there's been no disturbance in the force that i can think of. and to figure out which one is the problem i'd have to, as i said, set up some sort of surveillance.

3 cats, 2 boxes. maybe we should get another box.

fucking cats.

could be a scent thing with that particularl spot
yeah, the scent of cat shit. we keep washing the rug thinking that they might stop doing it.

they're also mighty pukers too. rare is the day i come home and there isn't anything to clean up. what's the attraction with these animals?!?!?!?!

Is the litter tray cleaned regularly?

Our girl cat refuses to go near it after her brother has done his business in it

Is the litter tray cleaned regularly?

Our girl cat refuses to go near it after her brother has done his business in it
yeah, every 3 days, and not by me. problem is if i ask the g/f to start cleaning them out every two days or even daily i'd likely end up in one of the fucking things.

we have two boys and a girl. the whole time i figured it was one of the boys...but maybe our girl has the same problem.

We have to clean it everyday- preferably right after he's had a shit because she hovers about waiting for us to do it

What are you cleaning the litter tray with? Stuff like Dettol is poisonous to cats. Bleach is meant to be ok but can smell strong.

Maybe change the type of litter you use? Put some catnip in the tray?

What are you cleaning the litter tray with? Stuff like Dettol is poisonous to cats. Bleach is meant to be ok but can smell strong.

Maybe change the type of litter you use? Put some catnip in the tray?
i'm not sure what she uses, but she's concious of their health and "feelings", so i'm sure it's something natural. we tried the change-the-litter trick to no avail.

I think your cat is pissed off and is punishing you.
yeah, that's what i figure, i'm trying to determine what the problem is so i can rectify it.

PS - 5000th post. talking about kitty cats. fuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back