Carragher - Scouser through and through (2 Viewers)

evil bandit

Website
Visit site
Is anyone reading Carraghers book being serialised in the Mirror???

carragher_280x390_470788a.jpg

I didn't think I could like him and his permanently puce face any less but then read these on football365's mediawatch earlier today.

The Great Professional
Jamie Carragher. A man hailed by all and sundry for his honesty, down-to-earthness and professionalism.

Even the great Stevie Gerrard said so in March: "It's a wonderful record for Carra to have and I'm sure he will go on to break even more records in the future because he is a top professional who always looks after himself and who always gives 100% in every game."

Interesting. What then, to make of the following excerpt from Honest Carra's autobiography, as serialised in The Daily Mirror today, in which he discusses former Liverpool teammate Rigobert Song:

'He strolled off to his French speaking friends and began talking to them. I could see him pointing towards me while everyone was grinning. It was clear what he was saying and the rage inside me simmered.

'Later, Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite

"You're not f***ing laughing now are you, you soft t**t?" I said as he hobbled away.

'Did I care he had a knock? No way. I don't remember him or anyone else in the squad for that matter trying to take the piss out of my ability again.'

And today
This Charming Man
Jamie Carragher continues to endear himself to the nation and takes another step in dismissing the lazy stereotype of Scouse scallies being nasty little violent scroats.

In the latest extract from his autobiography, as serialised in The Daily Mirror, Jamie tells a charming tale about the company he keeps.

'When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

'A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

'Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

'That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

'As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.'

Nice.

all play(ed) for England?

Well kind of, but they're all hard men and very effective defenders who have played at the highest levels. They may not be the kind of blokes you'd like your kid to look up to off the pitch, but every team needs a couple. Nice guys play for Accrington Stanley.

Why do 100,000 a week soccer players need to write shit books like this? To prove they can spell?

Why do 100,000 a week soccer players need to write shit books like this? To prove they can spell?

Because they've all that spare time and have so many wonderful thoughts to share with us???

To cash in on their popularity???

To appear in the best sellers list along side Jade Goody,Jordan and Kerry Katona???

Or mainly because they're all cuntz.

Because they've all that spare time and have so many wonderful thoughts to share with us???

To cash in on their popularity???

To appear in the best sellers list along side Jade Goody,Jordan and Kerry Katona???

Or mainly because they're all cuntz.

I wonder who the soundest high profile soccer player is, someone who is still grounded and hasn't let it all go to their head?

I'd say Matt le Tissier was/is dead on.

I'm gonna say Henrik Larsson.

Great choice, wouldn't have knocked around with him during his dreadlock days though. I'm finding it very hard to think of current day players who would be sound. I'd say Dwight Yorke would be a laugh. Not high profile though.

I wonder who the soundest high profile soccer player is, someone who is still grounded and hasn't let it all go to their head?

I'd say Matt le Tissier was/is dead on.

Id say John Aldridge is sound. Marcel Desailly seems like a terribly nice fellow too. Also, I'd like to go for a pint with Socrates just because he smoked 40 a day. And maybe I'd have a swift brandy with the voices in Tony Cascarino's head.

Biggest cunts: Rodney Marsh, Jimmy Greaves, Dennis Wise, Joey Barton, Ray Houghton.

Id say John Aldridge is sound.

Ever hear of Aldo's party piece in the Charlton era? I'll tell you.
He used to empty his bowels into a plastic bag and then hide it in a teammate's room (on top of the wardrobe was a popular choice), leaving him puzzled & uncomfortable.

Ever hear of Aldo's party piece in the Charlton era? I'll tell you.
He used to empty his bowels into a plastic bag and then hide it in a teammate's room (on top of the wardrobe was a popular choice), leaving him puzzled & uncomfortable.

Sounds like the behaviour of my Grandad towards the end of his life...

Great days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back