caroline records in pitchfork (1 Viewer)

coast to coast

caroline records becomes the personification of generic minging second hand records store in pitchforkmedia's found sound feature... i must say i never went in despite passing it on the bus every day...closed now isn't it?

i wonder where on earth they got the picture from?

05-01-24-found-sound.jpg

I used to go in there loads...
Sad that it's shut now...
You could actually rent the albums if you wanted to...

all the good second hand places are gone

Pantone247 said:
Final Vinyl has reopened on Francis Street! huzzah!

A bit out of the way (or five minutes from your front door if your me), but it's still a deadly shop for a good 3 or 4 hour root around the racks.

Not goin there anymore on the principal that he pays his staff 5 euro an hour and is a scitzo nutter who can turn on you at any second. Never liked caroline records

Caroline records? Where was this place?

portobollo
think i was only ever in there wance

what time does final vinyl open at? its closed at the moment
the spa
some black lad sold me the 'birth of a nation' soundtrack when they were on camden st.
ah the looks! the looks!
it's cool, i was buying king crimson stuff as well
not racism.
andrew

Pantone247 said:

A bit out of the way (or five minutes from your front door if your me), but it's still a deadly shop for a good 3 or 4 hour root around the racks.

Ace! But he sold of a handsome amount of his stock in that closing down sale during the summer didn't he? Is there still a 7"s section? This is great news altogether.
So what if he's a cunt inanyways. I can't imagine the dudes who owns Tower or HMV are bags of loveliness either.

Pantone247 said:

Have they brought all their old stuff from the old place? twas full of shite, I hope they binned whatever was left and start fresh.

Miss Piggy said:
Have they brought all their old stuff from the old place? twas full of shite, I hope they binned whatever was left and start fresh.

They actually have a pretty good selection of stuff I thought. However Mac insists on talking to you as soon as you go in which is really annoying. I've no idea what he's like and have no opinion one way or another but I don't want him talking to me ...

hugh said:
However Mac insists on talking to you as soon as you go in which is really annoying. I've no idea what he's like and have no opinion one way or another but I don't want him talking to me ...

He doesn't like girls. Doesn't hire them and in the years I've been shopping in his shops/stall he has only spoken to me once or twice. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that girls don't know anything about music and aren't at all sound.

spa

aoifed said:
He doesn't like girls. Doesn't hire them and in the years I've been shopping in his shops/stall he has only spoken to me once or twice. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that girls don't know anything about music and aren't at all sound.

spa

I'll go in drag next time then ...

kevin gallen said:
Not goin there anymore on the principal that he pays his staff 5 euro an hour and is a scitzo nutter who can turn on you at any second. Never liked caroline records

Final Vinyl - when in Camden St -
On a four separate occasions I saw a record I wanted and when I brought it up to the counter the vague hippy pricks couldn't find the inner sleeve + record - i.e. it was misfiled. No apology just a shrug of the shoulders. Maaan.

On another occasion I was treated with derision by some prick there when I bought second hand Glenn Frey, Chicago and Cabaret Voltaire records simultaneously.

in a lot of cases I saw people buying albums there and they were given the record in a generic white inner sleeve when I know for a fact a proper inner sleeve existed.

One thing that bugs me about the small shops is the way some of them don't open til 11.00/11.30am. As if getting up early is for squares or uncool dudes or something
There's a lot to be said for going into town shopping early in the morning and having the rest of the day free. At least HMV open at 9am.

At Mac's I stood at the counter with a CD and a twenny quid in me hand t'der day for bloody ages waiting for the shopkeeper to arrive. Gave up and put the cover back didn't I?

What's the name of that REALLY odd spot that's only open the odd time about half way between the Market Arcade and Whelans, on the left as you walk up the street there. You have to battle your way through shoulder high piles of cassettes to get at some of the stuff. It stinks. Like something from the past.

wrafter said:
What's the name of that REALLY odd spot that's only open the odd time about half way between the Market Arcade and Whelans, on the left as you walk up the street there. You have to battle your way through shoulder high piles of cassettes to get at some of the stuff. It stinks. Like something from the past.

That teeny little thing is a salvation army shop i think. They've a great selection of tapes. Records are in a heap, if I remember correctly

it's called Star Discs and is run by this mentaller
all her prices are insane (12 euro for second hand x-files VHS tapes? / 50 euro for childs acoustic guitar with no strings?)
i guess she owns the place cos and lives there cos she picks and chooses her hours pretty randomly. the only people who i've ever seen get past the first row of records and into the actual heap of shit that is the rest of the shop were street drinkers

crazy place
andrew

aoifed said:

spa

weird, i heard the same thing too from a female friend who was trying to get a job there. Any of the blokes i met that work there seemed really nice tho. But yer man Mac does sound a bit odd

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back