Carlo Giuliani protest.. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 128
  • Views 13K
  • Watchers 12
did you ever hear the concept of violence breeding violence. you seem to use violence as a tool of expression. you see a cop as a cop they see a punk as a punk. you expect them to be violent, they expect you to be violent. and both of you winge like babies when either gets hurt. it pretty simple isnt it.

both a stupid as each other.

broken arm said:
did you ever hear the concept of violence breeding violence. you seem to use violence as a tool of expression. you see a cop as a cop they see a punk as a punk. you expect them to be violent, they expect you to be violent. and both of you winge like babies when either gets hurt. it pretty simple isnt it.

both a stupid as each other.

theyre the ones with the guns , tear gas , batons etc ... etc ... i can understand what you mean by referring to the various blocs as a fashion parade or whatever but as im sure you know yourself , these blocs are just tactics or whatever.

im sorry but i really cant see your logic in trying to see things from the police point of view or whatever.those people signed up for this and theyll get what they deserve.

well, im not really seeing it from the cops point of view, just looking at the whole situation. If its a case of the cop gets what he/she deserves because of their position well then you have to say carlo got what he deserved for being in the position he was in.

if you have this impression of the cops being the soul-less defenders of the powers that be how can you explain the police/assisted assisted uprising against Milosevic and the army/police/people counter-coup in venezuela etc.

broken arm said:
well, im not really seeing it from the cops point of view, just looking at the whole situation. If its a case of the cop gets what he/she deserves because of their position well then you have to say carlo got what he deserved for being in the position he was in.

if you have this impression of the cops being the soul-less defenders of the powers that be how can you explain the police/assisted assisted uprising against Milosevic and the army/police/people counter-coup in venezuela etc.

i really can just hold absolutely no sympathy for these people.they are imposing rules with lethal weapons ..... personally if i walked around telling people what to do and carrying guns.. i wouldnt be at all surprised if someone "smashed my face in". id hardly say that carlo got what he deserved.i dont think that he deserved to die...but thats my opinion.

i cant explains or comment on the police assisted uprising aganst milosevic because im not that informed about that particular situation.im just trying to say that i have no problem with violence against the police in these situations.i would have exactly the same problem with anyone who tried to dictate how i live my life.

In fairness though Id consider a fire extinguisher a lethal weapon if used in a fight. So was carlo not dictating his version of what he see as right with a lethal weapon??

If you have no problem with violence against the police is it not a bit rich expecting anything less back. Again if you follow that logic carlo deserves what he got and you have no right protesting against police brutality.

I know you may think im defending the police but I aint. technically we are on the same side. I know what side of the fence Id be on and youd probably be standing beside me but im tired of seeing people getting shot and seeing people getting their heads smashed in by idiot cops.

you should try and track down that irish documentary on the chavez coup/counter coup in venezuela. it shows some real politics in action.

i think i saw some of that documentary ... it was the one shot by the tg4 crew no ? id like to see the rest of it if anyone has it ?

has anyone seen the crimethinc videos ? "breaking the spell" i think . fuckin good stuff.

what about the humiliation of the cops running over carlo's dead body in an armoured truck? did they have no choice there???? that was just really taking it too far. and you said the protest wasn't about police brutality at all, but you weren't even there i thought, so how would you know?

i saw the chavez documentary, it was very good

A bunch of suburban kids dont hold the depth of reason to build a worthwile struggle, many of you dont even understand what your battling against. .

please dont be so condescending and presumptuous accusing us of being violent and immature when you've never really met us.
Everyone is getting all worked up on the internet, it's such an easy thing to do - all comments are easily stripped of context.

OK - so some1 condoned violence against the police - sure its not going to change anything in the long run but it is necessary when trying to oppose the might of global capitalism - the police are there to look after the rich.

It's a shame that you have such an bad attitude "broken arm" how do you ever expect to change anything by sniping and accusing the ppl you should be fighting alongside. Lose your ego.

i said it was balls to have a protest against police brutality when you condone violence against the police. a bit like a meat eater protesting againt the meat industry. i think they call it hypocrisy.

broken arm said:
i said it was balls to have a protest against police brutality when you condone violence against the police. a bit like a meat eater protesting againt the meat industry. i think they call it hypocrisy.

Protester killed fighting against the injustice of Global capitalism..

Policeman injured defending injustice ??

perhaps a little black and white, but that seems to be your preferred style of arguing.

broken arm said:
a
If you have no problem with violence against the police is it not a bit rich expecting anything less back. Again if you follow that logic carlo deserves what he got and you have no right protesting against police brutality.
So if I agree with violence against police (none of whom died) "Carlo" (i didn't really want to call him that because i didn't know him but it seems like it's all the rage so .....) deserved to be murdered and people have no right to protest that a man was murdered? You sir are a moron.

i think he posts reactionary comments to get attention.

can you explain to me how burning cars, smashing window, throwing stones and smashing cops faces in will help in the struggle for global justice. (I fully understand it as an extension of frustration and anger) but do you think it will ever get us to a position of leverage where are concerns will be listened to.

about carlo. i just think its weird when other activists get killed when protesting againt the WTO and the like no mention is made - is it because they were not part of the the big event. (Genoa, evian etc.) and im refering to the fact that activists are jailed and killed all the time all over the world. I dont like unrequested martyrdom especially in the case of Carlo.

weeler said:
i think he posts reactionary comments to get attention.

come of it. just because i dont agree with you on everything doesnt mean im trying to get at you.

broken arm said:
can you explain to me how burning cars, smashing window, throwing stones and smashing cops faces in will help in the struggle for global justice. (I fully understand it as an extension of frustration and anger) but do you think it will ever get us to a position of leverage where are concerns will be listened to.

about carlo. i just think its weird when other activists get killed when protesting againt the WTO and the like no mention is made - is it because they were not part of the the big event. (Genoa, evian etc.) and im refering to the fact that activists are jailed and killed all the time all over the world. I dont like unrequested martyrdom especially in the case of Carlo.

I think it was chekov who said outside the italian embassy
"carlo wasnt a martyr he was one of us"

I never mentioned smashing stuff but quite obviously smashing things is never really going to change anything.
When ur staging a large direct action though sometimes u have to fight the police and i have no problem with that.

fair enough but i wouldnt be able to stand beside him had he killed a cop or smashed his face in or whatever. so i wouldnt be comfortable marching for him - there are hundreds of other activists alive and dead that deserve more attention.

broken arm said:
fair enough but i wouldnt be able to stand beside him had he killed a cop or smashed his face in or whatever. so i wouldnt be comfortable marching for him - there are hundreds of other activists alive and dead that deserve more attention.
I think he is more than an "activist" at this stage, he is more of a symbol ....... but that's just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back