Carlo Giuliani protest.. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 128
  • Views 13K
  • Watchers 12
the strange guy said:
I can't. They take it all so seriously.

no, he meant lay off trying to fuck them. you just want to get marklar so angry and hot he doesn't know what's what, then move in for the kill.

i think the concept of protest is becoming blurred. it has to have a purpose and closure. when carlo was killed the story ran for days in all mainstream press so even my dad know what the score is. this thread looks like a bunch of idiots standing around a grave arguing about who knew the dead person better.

why does a random act/tragedy make somebody a martyr. If the guy chose to die or put his life on the line to save somebody else maybe but I doubt he would have.

maybe people couldnt make it because they were busy mourning the death of somebody they actually knew not some token martyr

I dunno, isn't the concept of anarchists or whatever doing marches and shit for these kind of things a bit stupid? I mean, we (I, at least) supposedly denounce those in power, while still taking part in such actions, which gives the impression that you believe that it actually makes a difference and that those who run the economy and make the policies are actually listening to you, when it's pretty fucking obvious that they aren't. It's the kind of pressure-valve, orderly-protest-is-the-only-legitimate-type-of-protest thing again, like the Anti-War marches or whatever.

Don't get me wrong, I still go to these things if the issue makes sense to protest to me, but usually in the hope that shit will kick off (or at least something interesting and unpredictable will happen) so as to disrupt business-as-usual, at which point it's impossible to ignore one's voice...

Do you really think they listen to you?

actually oly, i was listening to punk two years ago when he was murdered.

i dont care about anything else that was said, i wish i never posted here, these "older yet still young" punks just take everything so seriously!"

oh well actually i'll say this: most of you seem to see this as a bit of a pointless protest over a dead activist, yet in reality the protest had much to do with if not more with the issue of police brutality, merely highlighting the fact that this one man lost his life as a result of it and to show that we won't forget what the police did that day and their other acts of recklessness such as the events at evian this year

still maybe 60 was a good turn out and i was just drunk when i posted that...

if somebody was going to hit me in the face with a fire extinguser and i had a gun i'd shoot em to. self defence i think....and did carlow 's
family not ask that he not be made into a martyr you wont even respect the wishes of his family for fuck sake.

if it was about police brutality why not go the the mexican embassy or the russian embassy or how about the indonesian embassy or how about the israeli embassy - the list could go on.

i was angry when it happened then I heard that the cop that shot him was young as well and it put things into perspective. young cop caught up in a riot - people smashing shit, fire, noise and some fuck running towards him with a fire extiguisher. Im actually not surprised he paniced and shot - i doubt he has forgotten it to this day and probably hates himself for it. would you have been happy if carlo had smashed the cops face in.

Its important to remember and respect but your notion of it being a protest against police brutality is bullshit.

"would you have been happy if carlo had smashed the cops face in."

yep.i think that anyone who is using lethal weapons to protect the powers that be deserves tp get their fucking faces smashed in.and did you not see the amount of riot gear that cop was wearing ? self defence my bollix .....

a cops a cop.

ian bastardcore said:
yep.i think that anyone who is using lethal weapons to protect the powers that be deserves tp get their fucking faces smashed in.and did you not see the amount of riot gear that cop was wearing ? self defence my bollix .....

a cops a cop.

so your saying killing a cop is fine in the battle for global justice. maybe you should think about it...

broken arm said:
so your saying killing a cop is fine in the battle for global justice. maybe you should think about it...

Yeah, I'm with Ian on this one. If you join the police force, you're giving up your right to an opinion, you're giving up your right to say no. You HAVE to follow orders, no matter what your own opinion is. You're told to batter some random protestors, you do it. You're told to treat drug addicts in a certain way, you do it. You're told to protect certain scumbags, no matter what you think of them -you fucking do it. It's just like being a soldier; I say if you're willing to go and kill for someone else's ideals, you deserve to fucking die. Fuck them, I'm not going to shed tears for a dead cop.

At the same time, the situation with the kid who shot Carlo Guiliani was fucked. He was fucking younger than I am now and the situation with the Carabinari (Italian cops who did most of the beatings and shit) is that they're semi-Military and fucking CONSCRIPTED. So this fucking kid is conscripted into the police, issued with live ammunition, and thrown into this situation. Fuck. What can you do? Well obviously, yeah, you can be a conscientious objector, flee the country, go to prison or possibly do social work instead of going into the military, but there's a pretty big grey area in between the punks, activists and others who'd take the "conscientious objector" option and those who'd just do their military service and get it over with. Not all these people are going to be happy with what they're doing, it's not really black and white so you can't give a definitive line on this...

...but I still believe that no matter what, you've got a choice not to engage in protecting the rich and the powerful as this young conscription cop did. And if you decide to put yourself in a position where you're in the middle of a protest with live ammunition, doing just this, then I'm not going to feel too much sympathy if bad shit goes down on you.

i know it may seem that it is a choice you make to be conscripted or run away to another country like a fugitive and be hounded wherever you go. but my point is no matter what decision in life you take (job wise) it doesnt deserve having your face smashed in.

the point of these protests is to show that there is an alternative to the might is right form of rule. that there can be a system based on equity and respect. bring down the IMF, WTO etc. but smashing a cops face in?? I know the frustration and pressure of a riot but we are supposed to be above the brutality. if want to come to something like this with the attitude you have all i can say is piss off. your as much a part of the problem as the vicious unaccountable cops.

im sorry if i feel absolutely no sympathy for police in these situations.they are ALL the same.they ALL follow/impose the same rules....

in regards to the fact that he was conscripted , that certainly is a confusing matter and maybe he did panic because someone was coming at him with a fire extuinguisher or whatever but even still i find it impossible to hold any sort of sympathy for anyone who is willing to use lethal weaponary to protect the powers that be or whatever.

for certain if this kid wasnt conscripted and had willingly joined the police force and willingly signed up to enforce these rules then i do not at all have any sort of problem with the idea of someone "smashing their face in" ....

sorry thats my opinion ...

Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

broken arm said:
if want to come to something like this with the attitude you have all i can say is piss off.

Fuck you.

i know it may seem that it is a choice you make to be conscripted or run away to another country like a fugitive and be hounded wherever you go..

It doesn't seem like a choice, it IS a choice.

but my point is no matter what decision in life you take (job wise) it doesnt deserve having your face smashed in.

Yeah, and the Waffen SS & Stalin's Gestapo were just following orders. What the fuck is that supposed to mean? So you're saying that, for example, someone whose job it is to torture political dissidents in Columbia doesn't deserve to have their face smashed in while in the course of their job, despite the fact that they willingly hurt and kill other people? Or, as may be a little more fitting, you're saying that a riot cop who is indescriminately smashing in protestors' faces, old and young, blah-blah-blah, just because they're in the wrong place at the wrong time, doesn't deserve to be fought back against? Wake up.

the point of these protests is to show that there is an alternative to the might is right form of rule. that there can be a system based on equity and respect. bring down the IMF, WTO etc.

Yeah, that's obviously the ultimate aim, but you'd have to be either very naive, inexperienced or stupid to see that as the beginning and end of the equation.

but smashing a cops face in?? I know the frustration and pressure of a riot but we are supposed to be above the brutality. if want to come to something like this with the attitude you have all i can say is piss off. your as much a part of the problem as the vicious unaccountable cops.

I'm not condoning smashing random cops' faces in, but the world's a little more complicated than that. The police are going to fight with batons, tear gas, guns, dogs and anything else they can get away with using to protect the business and economic interests of the rich and powerful. If you attempt to stop IMF, WTO, WEF and other such meetings, they won't heistate to hurt you. I've seen and felt how different cops in different countries have beaten my friends and I, other random protestors, even people not involved in the protests, because that's their fucking orders. I used to think something along the same lines as you but when you see, firsthand, what these fucks are capable of, time and again, it doesn't take long to change your tune. If that's your attitude, then fine, go to your marches and sign your petitions, but don't come crying when you get beaten to fuck by the pigs and there's no-one willing to fight back and stop them running rampage as they so often do.

Do you actually fucking think that some day those in power are going to suddenly say "Hey, wait a minute...we're actually fucking up the whole world!" and just give up the power and privilege they hold, without any kind of a struggle?

look if your going to continue your 'struggle' in your way you are going to need guns. and thats the end of it. If you think following a delegation of fucks (g8) around the world and smashing up every quaint little town they stop in is going to make them change their mind and somehow make them change your out of your fucking mind. If the death of carlo taught me anything is 'battling' with the police is pointless exercise. Im not willing and i doubt any of you would acually have the guts to carry a gun to a protest. and even if you did shoot some regional copper it will have fuck all impact on the on the bigger picture.

A bunch of suburban kids dont hold the depth of reason to build a worthwile struggle, many of you dont even understand what your battling against. if you want to talk about a struggle look to somebody like gusmao of east timor or read through something like this http://www.hrw.org/wr2k3/contents.html and see whats going down regarding struggle. real people fighting real battles everyday not random events in pretty towns. Its not a game.

broken arm said:
look if your going to continue your 'struggle' in your way you are going to need guns. and thats the end of it. If you think following a delegation of fucks (g8) around the world and smashing up A bunch of suburban kids dont hold the depth of reason to build a worthwile struggle, many of you dont even understand what your battling against.

.... thats pretty fuckin condescending ....

oh and why arent you as concerned about the two teenagers killed in Papua the week before carlo. they were protesting against the WTO but they obviously didnt belong to the fashion punk parade. because thats what it beginning to look like a fucking fashion parade.

broken arm said:
oh and why arent you as concerned about the two teenagers killed in Papua the week before carlo. they were protesting against the WTO but they obviously didnt belong to the fashion punk parade. because thats what it beginning to look like a fucking fashion parade.

i wasnt even aware that carlo was a punk of any sort ? how is it beginning to look like a fashion parade ? your a fucking idiot .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back