CAP PAS RTE (1 Viewer)

From their myspace bulletin earlier:

" 'Said Say It', which will be on the new Cap Pas Cap 12", is being used as the background music on a promo piece on RTE TV (Ireland's National TV Station) for the next few weeks."

don cab, minus the bear and the mars volta also being used.

glenwash had a tune of theres used on rte a few weeks ago without their consent.
flux can elaborate on it.

Ha yeah...they put one of our instrumentals on this cheesy Sunday night programme "Community Challenge" during a scene where a couple of people are walking around a castle. I haven't seen it, but I'd say it's quite funny.

We put up a blog on myspace denouncing RTE (in a very obviously tongue-in-cheek manner) for thieving our material, and they sent us a message a while later going "Even Van Morrisson doesn't get asked for permission. You should take it as a compliment. Sorry if offence was caused." etc :D

I think we've burnt our bridges with RTE.

I hope youse are all members of IMRO so you can get a cheque from them in time for Christmas. Friend of mine had a piece played on telly for a couple of weeks and got a few hundred quid. Every little helps.

Shit, really? A couple o' hunrid? I thought it might be more in the region of €14.

We're not members of IMRO though.

Ha yeah...they put one of our instrumentals on this cheesy Sunday night programme "Community Challenge" during a scene where a couple of people are walking around a castle. I haven't seen it, but I'd say it's quite funny.

We put up a blog on myspace denouncing RTE (in a very obviously tongue-in-cheek manner) for thieving our material, and they sent us a message a while later going "Even Van Morrisson doesn't get asked for permission. You should take it as a compliment. Sorry if offence was caused." etc :D

just to be sure, you should toss a few moltatov cocktails at the RTE building.

every band should join imro!
dont think it costs much- might even be free- but definately should be done.
get money from people playing your songs..

cap pas cap were excellent supporting the gossip t'other night. .|..|

Was just checking IMRO out, registration seems to be free alright.

Hi Guys,
I had a tune of mine used in an ad for Ritz. Got over a grand for it, and a crate of Ritz (which i swapped for a crate of Stiger down the off licence).

Dara

Shit, really? A couple o' hunrid? I thought it might be more in the region of €14.

We're not members of IMRO though.

Well even if it is €14 isn't it better that you get it than U2 or Mickey Harte?

Seriously though fill in the ole membership forms. I think you also fill in details of any gigs you've done and IMRO automatically pick up on the radio/tv play. Between broadcast and live performance you could get €16!!! ;)

they cant do that the cunts.
thats completely not right.
seriously its very "rte" to do things like that. i.e get free music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back