CAP PAS RTE (4 Viewers)

they cant do that the cunts.
thats completely not right.
seriously its very "rte" to do things like that. i.e get free music.

But they are not getting free music. They pay IMRO who in turn pay their members. And they're showcasing new Irish bands (even if it is on a cheesy programme :) ) but you know, being played by a National TV station is a good thing I thought.

did
you
know
that any bands who play on the late late show dont get any money whatsoever?
rte say theyre getting the promotion from being on the show but thats not really the point is it?

did
you
know
that any bands who play on the late late show dont get any money whatsoever?
rte say theyre getting the promotion from being on the show but thats not really the point is it?

That's not true Siobhan. The band doesn't get paid as an entity but each member of the band gets paid individually. You sign a consent form and provide your bank details and get paid no bother.

Ah yeah, we were pleasantly surprised they put us on...they played the full song too. It's our fault we weren't registered with IMRO, we would have got a small amount eventually.

oh really?
(dont laugh) but eleanor mcevoy said she didnt get paid a penny.

well deedeeee what has you in da knose da knose?
you are pat kenny arent you- with your overly blushered cheeks and your gatepost on someone elses land.

ya they have full clearance on everything. so all they have to do is pay their bills and everyone else gets paid.

You get paid as long as you're a member of IMRO.

If you're not a member of IMRO are they still alowed to use you're music?

You get paid as long as you're a member of IMRO.

If you're not a member of IMRO are they still alowed to use you're music?

yes.
but you can also join imro and claim back royalties for a certain period (i think it's 18 months)
also imro forms are rather awkward and confusing.

anthony, what mound song was used and what was the context?

oh really?
(dont laugh) but eleanor mcevoy said she didnt get paid a penny.

well deedeeee what has you in da knose da knose?
you are pat kenny arent you- with your overly blushered cheeks and your gatepost on someone elses land.

Weird coincidence - I'm Eleanor McEvoy's dodgy accountant! Silly bint hasn't a clue about money.

But they are not getting free music. They pay IMRO who in turn pay their members. And they're showcasing new Irish bands (even if it is on a cheesy programme :) ) but you know, being played by a National TV station is a good thing I thought.
but how is this so if they are not on imro?? you cant just pick a song and put it on the tele. maybe im wrong here but that seems messed up.
like say i released an EP on a cdr or something. and one of the staff at rte got hold of it and wanted to play the song. they cant just use it without my permission no?

yes.
but you can also join imro and claim back royalties for a certain period (i think it's 18 months)
also imro forms are rather awkward and confusing.

anthony, what mound song was used and what was the context?

yeah. those imro forms are like grant forms; too many things to fill out. I'd rather lie in my own vomit than fill it out. no I wouldn't.

i think so long as they don't use it on an ad it's ok. if you release it, then you're putting it into the public domain and so in the same way that a radio station has the right to broadcast it, so too does a tv station i think.

but how is this so if they are not on imro?? you cant just pick a song and put it on the tele. maybe im wrong here but that seems messed up.
like say i released an EP on a cdr or something. and one of the staff at rte got hold of it and wanted to play the song. they cant just use it without my permission no?

It does seem a bit weird that they can do it, doesn't it? It didn't bother us, but I can see why it could piss people off.

i think so long as they don't use it on an ad it's ok. if you release it, then you're putting it into the public domain and so in the same way that a radio station has the right to broadcast it, so too does a tv station i think.
doesnt sound right at all.
anyway its too early for this.

once you've made it generally available then refer to Pads post, but if its a demo that you never "released" or put out there you'd probably have a case.

Then again why would a station use an un-mastered un-released song.
Everyone gets paid, everyone is happy eventually,generally,eventually (if yr with IMRO)

For example, on Ireland AM, every little snippet of a song they use in clips/backrounds/performances during the 3 hours every morning are all followed up, details taken,researched and sent to IMRO, thats a fact. Same goes for News and Sports tonight

What he said ^^

If a fillum want to use a song they need to ask for permission from the publisher or if a band don't have a publishing deal (in which case they should join IMRO or its equivalent as they will collect the band's earnings in place of a publishing company) they need permission directly from the band.

A radio/tv station would never play a demo unless it was recorded especially for the show or was provided by the band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back