Cans at the Lower Deck (1 Viewer)

Maybe have a stock of flyers done for the next few gigs to detail the problem and it's consequences? At least if everyone at a gig's aware that there's an issue, the few that are drinking cans in and around the venue might feel a little less brave. At the same time the management will see that we're trying to sort the problem out ourselves and they might cut us a bit of slack...

i reckon this problem could get worse with no one being able to walk out of a gig at 12, go to the offie and then go to a gaf with their cans. everyone will be carrying cans from 10 o' clock onwards.

If we're going to act like nazis, we've got to do it right.
We're going to assume it was the Septic Pussy fans and we're going to kill those fuckers and their families.
Anyone who gets caught being a BASTID CAN-T gets their details posted on Stormfront.

Just as you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs...
you can't have decent gigs without rivers of blood and plenty of pints.

Seriously though, this CAN't continue any longer!!!

whey hey, thats the spirt....lets crack some skulls!!!!!

I dunno how you would work this....but if you were able to give a discount on the door of a euro or two to people who aren't openly seen with cans or else a token that gives you a euro or two off a pint at the bar?

I wouldn't imagine it being a long term solution though...Dregin's idea is the best.

maybe like if your in a band (which in fairness, i think everyone is bar me) and your caught drinking right outside then your band wouldnt be allowed play gigs for a certain period of time?.. that way it wouldnt be jill or barry giving out, itd just be the other band mates eating the head off said culprit which might make them cop on. that would probably just start fights too though..

anyway i hope the venue isnt jeopardised, its nice that underage people like i was a 2 or 3 years ago can go, as opposed to dorans or voodoo where they i.d absolutely anyone.

So is the blame actually with the Septic Pussy boys here or am I reading the insinuations wrongly?

That's not what I meant anyway, no them directly, though perhaps some of their friends, BY WHICH I DON'T MEAN TO SAY IT'S THEIR FAULT, not at all. I drink cans there sometimes myself when I'm particularly broke or want to get locked, nearly always buy a couple pints though and am always very discreet about it, taking the cans with me.

I'd nearly always bring cans to gigs but I'd usually buy a pint or two aswell. And I always make an effort to bring my empties with me when I leave, which I did last Friday. I agree that blatently drinking cans outside venues is stupid. But I'm not gonna be held responsible for any of me mates being dickheads cos they all are. And any of them I do see openly with cans I tell them to get out. However last Friday I only saw one of my mates with a can and he got out fairly quick.

Everyone's drank cans in there at some point, it's not like there's anyone who'd totally innocent.
And if you are totally innocent you're a dry shite.
It's just the fact that most of the can drinkers don't even buy ONE PINT and then think their empty can or bottle magically disappears as soon as its poured!
It makes it painfully noticable at the end of the night when the venue empties and everyone's steaming drunk outside and there's fuck all cash behind the bar.

AI'M AN AINNOCENT MOHN!
AN SHO'S MY SHON.
1194282825463_9849_0006.jpg_121_87.jpg

Ah, non-drinkers are exceptions when they're not dry shites.

Ah, non-drinkers are exceptions when they're not dry shites.
but about as likely as an innocent irishman in 70s london. there's no litter bins in london anymore cos of the feckin' IRA! nice work giuseppe and son. soap from me auntie annie's house indeed. sausages of semtex, that's what auntie annie was serving up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back