Cans at the Lower Deck (1 Viewer)

jillface

Website
Visit site
Heyas!

I know I can't stop anyone from pouring cans at the deck but I'm gonna suggest the following:

Buy a pint! Seriously, if everyone bought just one it might shut them up for a while.

Pour your cans on the sly, some of your efforts are ridiculous!

Drink at the canal or something, not outside the venue.

And, most importantly, take your empties with you.

Honest I am so sick of the managers and staff having to pull me aside to have words about it. Especially when I'm spending the money I'm earning doing sound on buying pints there. I'm also pretty tired of fishing empty cans and naggins out of cisterns and down the sides of couches etc.

They really are pretty close to "pulling the plug" on gigs there. So there ya have it lads, it's in your hands!

Sound.

During gig hours cans will now be called CAN'TS!
And if you're caught trying to hide them instead of taking them away you're a CUNT!
BUY A PINT YOU CUNTS!

I don't reckon it's anyone who reads this. Bet it was them young lads! I suggest a zero tolerance approach... As in, if anyone with a bit of cop on sees someone acting the bollocks in relation to cans, have strict words! If they get lippy, shout "CAAANS!!" and people will come running, sly a few digs, canfiscate their merchandise, and turf them out. No gigs = big digs.

I'm gonna confiscate any cans I find on Saturday, then drink them all down the canal after.

I don't reckon it's anyone who reads this. Bet it was them young lads!

Are you bleedin' jokin me? Of course it's people who read this! I know it is cos they're my mates! They're your mates!
I don't really have a problem with it like. Just be sensible is all I'm asking.

said it before, I'll say it again:the only way this is gonna work is if ye actually fuck out/ban people with cans from the venue. posting on the interweb is all well and good, but maybe yes should try saying stuff to folks in real life, face to face, at the venue.And not in a polite "oh would you mind.." manner - you have to be downright obnoxious about it.

Fuck know it certainly worked fairly quickly the few times I did it.

So is the blame actually with the Septic Pussy boys here or am I reading the insinuations wrongly?

said it before, I'll say it again:the only way this is gonna work is if ye actually fuck out/ban people with cans from the venue. posting on the interweb is all well and good, but maybe yes should try saying stuff to folks in real life, face to face, at the venue.And not in a polite "oh would you mind.." manner - you have to be downright obnoxious about it.

Fuck know it certainly worked fairly quickly the few times I did it.

I really don't want to have to fuck anybody out of the Lower Deck, y'know? Just to think about their actions and the repercussions for everyone else.

You might be right about being obnoxious though. I don't think I pull it off very well.

As for it being Septic Pussy's fault, definitely not. Sure they were pouring cans and all but so were loads of other heads so there is no point in blaming one band from one gig. This shit happens all the time. All the time at punk gigs anyway. Just so happens that I've decided to post about it now!

I really don't want to have to fuck anybody out of the Lower Deck, y'know? Just to think about their actions and the repercussions for everyone else.

You might be right about being obnoxious though. I don't think I pull it off very well.

I know Jill, but believe me, the softly softly approach doesn't work.I tried.You'd say it someone, then they'd put the can away for 5 minutes and it would be back out 5 mins later. Honestly, the fact that this is the 5000th post about this subject is all the proof you need that harsher, less "friendly" measures are in order.

I'm an expert at being a prick to all and sundry, so if you want me to deputise sometime, you know where i am.

I think the real problem is that we have no bouncers.
With no threat of violence or real physical repercussions, our so-called-friends will continue to laugh at the rule of the land and
drink their cans with impunity, laughing in our faces as they smash the can against their head and toss it over their shoulder.
We need you Jamie.

I know it doesn't affect me too much as I don't live in Dublin but I think you're best just going for a no tolerance policy on this because if you guys loose the Lower Deck where else is there for gigs? Just fuck people out if they're doing it obviously!

I know it doesn't affect me too much as I don't live in Dublin but I think you're best just going for a no tolerance policy on this because if you guys loose the Lower Deck where else is there for gigs? Just fuck people out if they're doing it obviously!
It's not easy fucking out your mates!
I think if people were sly about it and bought at least one pint this wouldn't really be a problem.

I think the real problem is that we have no bouncers.
With no threat of violence or real physical repercussions, our so-called-friends will continue to laugh at the rule of the land and
drink their cans with impunity, laughing in our faces as they smash the can against their head and toss it over their shoulder.
We need you Jamie.

Only if I can use a cattleprod on people with complete immunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back