Cans at the Lower Deck (2 Viewers)

well, the cattleprod idea didn't work and yis are all basically saying "oh, please don't drink cans but we won't do anything to stop you".

Seriously, Byrneos idea is the best so far.

really like, I mean it's not like it has n't been said 1000 times already - all folks have to do is walk around the corner, and drink at the canal.But honestly, if people can't even be arsed to do that, I dunno. Nothing's gonna work is it. People just don't give a fuck.

people drink cans for the same reasons all the people posting here did/do.
taking cans isn't an option as dunchie said it will only lead to fights also kicking people out the same result i'd say.
but calling people on their shit or explaining it to people has always worked for me in the past or sharing your own can snaking skills you've all done it ....

What about a one or two drink minimum?
Add a fiver to the price of the cover and give a token for a drink?

Popular in the states but probably unworkable here.
Hmmm...
It might work.
Punks love dogs, so we should maybe try to train them like dogs.
Charge a tenner in and get a pint at the bar and then a few months later, without warning, drop the admission price again.
The punks will inevitably go up to the bar and buy a pint BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY'VE BEEN TAUGHT.

Seriously though, it could work.

Hmmm...
It might work.
Punks love dogs, so we should maybe try to train them like dogs.
Charge a tenner in and get a pint at the bar and then a few months later, without warning, drop the admission price again.
The punks will inevitably go up to the bar and buy a pint BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THEY'VE BEEN TAUGHT.

Seriously though, it could work.
start laying newspaper down when people are drinking at parties or at home. then they'll start to associate it with drinking cans. then, merely place a square of newspaper by the canal on gig nights.
i think i won't bother searching google image for a picture of a load of people drinking cans standing on a square of newspaper.

ill start naming!! DEAFMUTE (reformer) is usually the first person youd see at one of these shows, slurrrrring his threats to anyone who passes!!

threats in sign language:

next time, take the responsibility of going up to him and saying "READ MY LIPS - NO MORE CANS!"

What about a one or two drink minimum?
Add a fiver to the price of the cover and give a token for a drink?

Popular in the states but probably unworkable here.

yeh but what if youre off the sauce for the night? or dont drink? one-and-a-half bottles of coke worth of a token there. and you'll always have cunts goin "carlsbergs only 4.80, he got a bulmers that costs 5.30 waa waa waa..."
seriously used to drink lots of cans outside venues and totally stopped when it was pointed out to me how fucking dumb it is. not only for the fact that the bar needs to make money to give you the venue, and they will be picking up everyones cans after gig, but also barman knows youre twisted but you havent bought a thing all night

It's times like this that I wish bands like Crass, Conflict and Subhumans had as many songs about not drinking cans at gigs as they did about not eating meat.
Then, once again, all of the punks could have blindly accepted the lyrics and be just as annoyingly self rightous about boycotting cans as they are about veal.

I should point out that a recent conversation with the owner led me to believe that he'd be more than happy to pull gigs altogether, and part of that, in spite of my protestations, were that the bar wasn't doing any business cos folks were drinking outside.So it's not like he hasn't noticed.

well, that and the fact that the bands are, in his words "awful bollocks"

Im confused. If the people going to the gigs know that if they keep drinking cans at the gigs that the venue that hosts the gigs will put a stop to the gigs why wouldnt the people drinking cans just stop drinking cans? Serious question.

punks dont do reprecussions!

i reckon jamie giving out would help.. he could put on his dads voice and bring a wooden spoon. its scary, and would make me cry (which has happened before..)

Totally agree with Jamie on this. How many times has this same thread been on Eirecore, and what's changed? There's as many people drinking cans inside and outside as ever. Pretty much no difference at all.
There has to be a very firm stance taken on this or it will just keep on being the same, until all of a sudden The Lower Deck just says "Fuck it, you can't do gigs here anymore."

People often ask me why Giros closed in Belfast, and there's a whole bunch of reasons. One of the main ones is that no matter how often, how reasonably, and by how many of their mates, people were asked to stop wrecking the fucking toilets and the cafe and shit like that, they still did it. Every couple of weeks something would get fucking trashed. Every couple of weeks, one of the neighbouring businesses would be complaining about something getting wrecked in front of them.
By 2003, I'd say pretty much everyone working in Giros was of the opinion "Fuck this, I'm fed up working here when all I do is clean up this shit every week". Only after Giros closed down did a whole lot of people realise how shit it was to not have your own venue anymore.
I can see the same sort of thing happening with the Lower Deck.

One last thing: Anyone who brings cans to the Lower Deck, but wouldn't bring them somewhere they might be caught, like any of the bigger venues that have bouncers or whatever, all those people are doing are taking advantage of the fact that the Lower Deck is actually extremely good in letting all those gigs go ahead without any bouncers or major hassle. And all that's basically doing is taking advantage of the people who run and organise the gigs there.

some things really never change

anyway, just put DBYOB on the posters and you'll be grand

except for cider

I think it's time for a "final solution"
If we're going to act like nazis, we've got to do it right.
We're going to assume it was the Septic Pussy fans and we're going to kill those fuckers and their families.
Anyone who gets caught being a BASTID CAN-T gets their details posted on Stormfront.

Just as you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs...
you can't have decent gigs without rivers of blood and plenty of pints.

Seriously though, this CAN't continue any longer!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back