Cancelled (1 Viewer)

So is Kevin SPacey not a creep now?

Or was this just a handful of the accusations?

Will they have to remake money kidnapping that film AGAIN now?

I have it on good authority that he was a bit creepy. If you dare to go back a couple of years on this thread there was a few things rumoured about him years ago. Creepy does not equal rapist of course.

I have it on good authority that he was a bit creepy. If you dare to go back a couple of years on this thread there was a few things rumoured about him years ago. Creepy does not equal rapist of course.

I have no doubt

I just wonder how much of this is straight culture judging gay culture
Like everyone deserves not to be messed with or touched without consent

But I have been in my share of gay bars and gay clubs and afterparties
And there is a heck of a lot of touching going on
Hug a dude goodbye at a gay bar and you will get the longest, lingering hug of your life
No bad thing

I am likely conflating two things here that probably shouldn't be compared

Wait this the Cancelled thread, not the Creepy thread.

Yes, probably creep. No, probably not cancelled. I expect he'll do a Gibson, or that Louis comedian guy and be back in a while.

I have no doubt

I just wonder how much of this is straight culture judging gay culture
Like everyone deserves not to be messed with or touched without consent

But I have been in my share of gay bars and gay clubs and afterparties
And there is a heck of a lot of touching going on
Hug a dude goodbye at a gay bar and you will get the longest, lingering hug of your life
No bad thing

I am likely conflating two things here that probably shouldn't be compared

Hmm. I always thought it was the fact that he wasn't out until the allegations outed him. Like he wasn't fighting for the gay cause or whatever, just going around perving on young lads in private.

Someone in his position especially. If he had just come out, no one would been bothered. But he didn't, so people were bothered. All kinds of people.

I'd give a fair bit of berth to people 'not being out' - in the sense that your sexuality is yours and wether you want to make a declaration in public about that or not is your own call.

I'd give a fair bit of berth to people 'not being out' - in the sense that your sexuality is yours and wether you want to make a declaration in public about that or not is your own call.

Oh no it's not my personal opinion, just my observation of other peoples opinion.

Edit: opinion*s*, there are many.

Suppose the UK case was the last outstanding thing for him but I think some of the US cases ended up being dropped or were never followed through on due a number of the individuals bringing them dying and maybe even a little mysteriously ? I mean I could be completely wrong and honestly don't know or even care. I guess the accusations happened around the same time as the whole of hollywood was being cancelled because of Weinstein plus you had pizzagate and Epstein turning up dead around then as well. Spacey flew off to South Africa with Clinton and Epstein once so some fuel for conspiracy there.

Who knows like. Not even one charge stuck.. but they are old enough claims too

Seemingly he said in court that the encounters happened. But it was all consensual, the 4 accusers obviously said otherwise. I suppose it's hard for a jury to make a call if it's just a straight up denial with little background evidence beyond the sayso of the accuser.

Are you offended?
I dont see the problem. He had a big nose.
Just happens to be Jewish

The nose will take some getting used to
Bradly C is an attractive man
But also, Bernstein was not super "Jewy" looking. It feels like a an over-egging.

Are you offended?
I dont see the problem. He had a big nose.
Just happens to be Jewish
not particularly. but it's weirdly exaggerated and doesn't look much like Bernstein's actual nose if you ask me. and big nose is an antisemitic trope. i just feel like maybe someone might have picked up on that! maybe it was all calculated because it's certainly got people talking about the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back