Cancelled (1 Viewer)

My take is that to some they (Dee Snider and Paul Stanley) are oversimplifying a complex issue to an offensive degree, and to others they are talking common sense.

See Snider's statements afterward talk of being a proud centrist Dad, and in America today why that is a good thing.

In Snider's case, I sense he's trying to be on the right side of history and doesn't completely get it, and has said he's open to education on the subject.

Please don't cancel me. Or do. Whatever is the correct response.

I've figured out a way to game the system.

From here on out I'm only making jokes to people I'm in the room with. Unless they're recording video.

I shall remain uncancelled

My take is that to some they (Dee Snider and Paul Stanley) are oversimplifying a complex issue to an offensive degree, and to others they are talking common sense.

See Snider's statements afterward talk of being a proud centrist Dad, and in America today why that is a good thing.

In Snider's case, I sense he's trying to be on the right side of history and doesn't completely get it, and has said he's open to education on the subject.

what Paul Stanley said was much more ignorant.

It is my understanding that he thinks actual children are being subjected to and pressured into being trans kids.

but the point is, is that it's not really happening in reality.

Is that right?

Am I cancelled?

Am I cancelled

It is my understanding that he thinks actual children are being subjected to and pressured into being trans kids.

but the point is, is that it's not really happening in reality.

Is that right?

Am I cancelled?

Am I cancelled

It’s not happening like that in reality. Substitute the word ‘gay’ for ‘trans’ and it’s the same rhetoric we’ve seen for decades.

It's actually a bit more complicated than that - I read this book a few weeks ago, and it made for some harrowing reading -

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/feb/19/time-to-think-by-hannah-barnes-review-what-went-wrong-at-gids

-as ever, nothing coherent seems to emerge on Twitter or other comparable sources, so I don't engage with it, it seems to extrapolate unhelpful headlines, leaving a strange space for even further unhelpful discourse - it's always comforting to know there are people doing the actual research in the background. I would almost hesitate recommending the book, as it's very depressing, and the world can be heavy as it is, but it is very, very rigorous.

I suspect I am "cancelled" anyway, but I am okay with that, it's more peaceful on this island :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back