Cancelled (6 Viewers)

Dopey prick. He got axed from commentating on Australian TV, GCN (as much as I hate them) throw him a lifeline, then he goes and does this.

During stage 10 of the Giro d’Italia, McEwen and Dan Lloyd were handing commentary duties back over to Rob Hatch and Sean Kelly after the latter pair’s lunch break. Hatch then shared an anecdote about how he and Kelly had spotted a fudge shop on their way back to the studio and how he’d eaten the majority of it before their return to commentary duties.
“You’ve gone in the fudge shop and you’ve consumed it straight away,” McEwen chimed in. “I mean, the fudge packers were wasting their time.”
Dan Lloyd quickly moved the conversation on, McEwen’s comments were left unchallenged, but viewers had heard the 49-year-old. “Did he really just say that?” asked one person on Twitter, others also expressing disbelief at what had been said.

Dopey prick. He got axed from commentating on Australian TV, GCN (as much as I hate them) throw him a lifeline, then he goes and does this.

never heard the term before.
I once heard the N word used in a Eurosport cycling broadcast.

anyone remember Russell Williams who used to co-commentate with David Duffield twenty years ago?
the duo both had the gift of the gab and were prone to a good gaff -
''It's the Final and winner goes through to the next round''.

One day Russell in cycling commentary suddenly mentioned something that surprised me - he was half Trinidadian. I didn't know what he looked like and in all his friendly, blokey banter he had never made any issue out of being mixed race.

I looked up his results and despite being a Junior GB road champ and highly decorated track cyclist Russell had been repeatedly passed over to represent Great Britain.

A few years ago I wondered what had happened to Russell and discovered a video from February 2020.
Russell had gone to Australia, done well and bought himself a country house. But he nearly lost it all in a bush fire - the house survived somehow but the area around it was completely scorched (see video).

After this huge shock Russell, normally a very happy go lucky guy, started to ask questions about his life and wondered why he never fufilled his cycling ambitions.

His demeanour here is completely different to his commentating days.
And just to be clear RUSSELL WAS A VICTIM OF INSTITUTIONAL RACISM IN CYCLING.
the video of Russell speaking at home in Australia is in the link

Aye, became a one man show of a guy posting endless anti vax and conspiracy stuff, seems to have driven away lots of readers and, in turn, their other contributors.

Pity, back in the day they were a force to be reckoned with.
i used to know (well, i knew them from a small cantankerous discussion forum) a couple of lads involved in the early days. they were saying that eventually the chap behind it started posting using their handles to make it look like there was more than one or two people putting up content.

I can't remember when i zoned out of it but i think there was one writer who got into some kinda wormhole a few years back before the pandemic and that kinda made me think the editor wasn't very good. Had forgotten it exists tbh

This is a (very) long read on how progressive organisations over in America like the ACLU and the Sierra Club are being riven with infighting and are at a point of not being able to perform, which is becoming a boon for the right-wing agenda and a lost opportunity at a crucial time in climate change.
It makes the point that the infighting that goes on with groups of the left at the macro are now occurring within these orgs at the micro and nothing's getting done.

I don't know if there is any agenda with this piece, I just saw it online.
It's kind of sobering, sad reading though. Because you want these people and the groups to succeed.

Anyways, it's kinda sorta about cancelling/callout culture and all that

Ezra Miller is the first uncancellable celebrity. MF be starting doomsday cults and they still don’t get cancelled

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back