Cancelled (3 Viewers)

Yeah, I know, I read it, and the crowd laughed.
What does that say.

I'd have to imagine there was a wink in there somewhere. He must have a massive head on him to attempt a joke like that, thinking he could pull it off. I doubt it's because he loves slaughtering gypsies.

“When people talk about the Holocaust, they talk about the tragedy and horror of 6 million Jewish lives being lost to the Nazi war machine. But they never mention the thousands of Gypsies that were killed by the Nazis
No one ever wants to talk about that, because no one ever wants to talk about the positives.”

Roy "Chubby" Brownian

I saw Peter Kay a few years ago at the O2 and he did a huge 15 minute bit in the middle taking the piss out of Travellers and the audience lapped it up. It was horrendous.

That's the only explanation
Must be his Irish parentage. You know what them lot are like when it comes to traveling folk.....WAHEY (knowing wink, you know what I mean)!

It's the kind of joke that some people would have told on these pages not so long ago. And I believe Carrs explanation was something like what we would have called "post ironic". Remember that?

Edit: I'm not saying that's a valid excuse in these current times. because it isn't.

Last edited:
“When people talk about the Holocaust, they talk about the tragedy and horror of 6 million Jewish lives being lost to the Nazi war machine. But they never mention the thousands of Gypsies that were killed by the Nazis
No one ever wants to talk about that, because no one ever wants to talk about the positives.”

Don't see why the outrage. Shit and offensive? Yes.
Cancellable? I don't reckon so
This is just on par with most of his darker jokes equally offensive and probably just as shit

Don't see why the outrage. Shit and offensive? Yes.
statement A and statement B don't seem to match there.
maybe i'm missing context but all he seems to be going for is 'ho ho, gypsies died, ha ha' and the audience titter up their sleeves cos he's so *out there* with his humour?
if it had been bernard manning telling the exact same joke, people would have taken it as further evidence that he's a cunt.

I have to admit I watched this show over christmas. I was more offended by the overall lack of laughs than any of the material.

statement A and statement B don't seem to match there.
maybe i'm missing context but all he seems to be going for is 'ho ho, gypsies died, ha ha' and the audience titter up their sleeves cos he's so *out there* with his humour?
if it had been bernard manning telling the exact same joke, people would have taken it as further evidence that he's a cunt.

That's my point.
People knew what they were getting when they bought a ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back