Cancelled (2 Viewers)

Not too many male names ending in "a"

anyway, incredible wikipedia on yer man, tells its own story

View attachment 16124

Came for the Strangling Incident, then:

...they said, of Miller's use of "violence, intimidation, threat of violence, fear, paranoia, delusions, and drugs" to hold sway over their child.[57] The relationship between Miller and Iron Eyes, which began in 2016 when Miller was aged 23 and Iron Eyes was aged 12...

Jesus. OK.

Not quite a cancellation by any means, but this NY Times piece about Harry Styles needing to declare publicly who he's fucking seemed really off to me. Ymmv

Can't the nice pop star just be let make people happy and flounce around in dresses and whatnot and be a visible positive force for kids finding out who they are?
Nope, he can not.

Queer-baiting sounds like a made-up crime to describe something people just don't happen to like.

Not quite a cancellation by any means, but this NY Times piece about Harry Styles needing to declare publicly who he's fucking seemed really off to me. Ymmv

Can't the nice pop star just be let make people happy and flounce around in dresses and whatnot and be a visible positive force for kids finding out who they are?
Nope, he can not.

Queer-baiting sounds like a made-up crime to describe something people just don't happen to like.

Fandom is so fucking weird. People need to get a life

Nope, he can not.

I feel like the pay wall is doing me a favour here

Nope, he can not.

Yeah i read that piece the other day and had the exact same thought. The absolute worst of internet consumer culture there, no different than nerds demanding that studios change how Sonic looks.

After recent rehashing of his racist comments from 50 years ago, twitter has finally agreed that "Eric Clapton has always been a terrible guitar player". Just as transphobic, but best-selling once-popular author J. K. Rowling "has always been a terrible writer".

After recent rehashing of his racist comments from 50 years ago, twitter has finally agreed that "Eric Clapton has always been a terrible guitar player". Just as transphobic, but best-selling once-popular author J. K. Rowling "has always been a terrible writer".
JK Rowling’s still massively popular. Just not on Twitter

I think most of Clapton’s output is pretty boring - but he is an amazing guitar player.

I just always find it odd that at the time of his statements he was rehashing the blues, hanging out with muddy waters etc (who he considered a mentor etc).

I think most of Clapton’s output is pretty boring - but he is an amazing guitar player.

I just always find it odd that at the time of his statements he was rehashing the blues, hanging out with muddy waters etc (who he considered a mentor etc).
I feel the same. I like his Yardbirds and Cream stuff but have no interest in anything after that. He's a great player. It's silly to suggest otherwise.

Just not on Twitter
But.. But Twitter is the world's conscience? Why else would people spend the entirety of every waking day posting their opinions on there if it's as irrelevant as you seem to be suggesting?

He’s talented but he is terrible - it’s a fine line that a lot of those bluesy white guys of the 60s/70s walk where they clearly are incredibly dexterous and precise players but they ultimately create shite music. (I’ve never dug into the Yardbirds strangely but Cream fill me with horror when I hear them, Clarkson Rock of the highest level).

He’s talented but he is terrible - it’s a fine line that a lot of those bluesy white guys of the 60s/70s walk where they clearly are incredibly dexterous and precise players but they ultimately create shite music. (I’ve never dug into the Yardbirds strangely but Cream fill me with horror when I hear them, Clarkson Rock of the highest level).

Gallagher would probably be the exception for me…. At least some of his stuff. Beck, Clapton et al do very little for me

He’s talented but he is terrible
I agree. John Bonosomma is a modern version of this in my opinion. At least John hasn't said anything offensive yet. He has been accused of privileged white cultural appropriation by twitter, so there is that.

Agreed but I don’t think I’d even put Gallagher on much. That said, I’m listening to Led Zeppelin as I post in this thread so :shrug emoji:

For all the overblown pomposity zep did do something bigger and more exciting with the template.
Gallagher I like more than his peers - there’s a bit more energy or dare o say it fun about some of his recordings

Of all people I've heard George Clinton talk very favourably of Clapton, saying that him (Clinton) and his mates had no idea or interest in their own musical history and it took Clapton telling them all about Robert Johnson for them to even become aware of this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back