Can anyone tell me anything about Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (1 Viewer)

Mormon Nailer

Supporter
Website
skin-of-our-teeth.blogspot.com
Can anyone tell me anything about Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. I bought the album lately and like it.

It is somewhere between the Hidden Cameras and GBV.

I know nothing about them has anyone any idea who the are, were or where the hell they are from?

Thanks.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Norman Mailer is a mad cunt. I just read his book about the rumble in the jungle, deadly.
have you read anything by Flefty Lrizzell? he's an israeli chick lit author. his later stuff is thigh quivering.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Norman Mailer is a mad cunt. I just read his book about the rumble in the jungle, deadly.

The whole it about walking on the balcony in the fight is cool. It's also nice to rememberwhat a scary fucker Foreman was at the time. Not the grill teddy he is now.

If youlike the fight you should check out An Ameriacn Dream or Dead Mien Dont Dance. Both pretty good. The Naked and the Dead is good too but fair fucking long.

Yes, I know that I do not like them, they seem very unremarkable and I can't understand why they're so lauded when they're just yet another death cab/quasi/modest mouse stylee band. V unoriginal. And they're either American or Canadian.

Mormon Nailer said:
theres a touch of the Thom Yorkes about his voice which would normally bug the living shit out of me but I seem to have got over it.

Do you know anything more?

kirstie said:
Yes, I know that I do not like them, they seem very unremarkable and I can't understand why they're so lauded when they're just yet another death cab/quasi/modest mouse stylee band. V unoriginal. And they're either American or Canadian.

I guess I'm just not cool - but OH look I'm still alive regardless WTF!

So tell us all what's making the kitten purr these days?

clap yer hands are pitch-forkbuddies. check out pitchforkmedia.com for interviews and other shit. and they're playing dublin sometime in feburary. album is good but a bit notsogood.

Ben Richards said:
now you just sound like a nonce

just got the album recently. sound ok so far but bangs of David Byrne

Or someone with an unhealthy love of small animals. unfortunate cutsey phrasing either way. wouldnt have put Divid Byrne in the same bracket. I'll have another listen.

The only two people to have heard it so far hate it! I think people on this board must be getting to many free samplers!

Does anyone here actualy buy stuffwith their own money?

Yes, but what I did in the case of CYHSY was to download some mp3's before spending my hard earned.
Mormon Nailer said:
Does anyone here actualy buy stuffwith their own money?

kirstie said:
yet another death cab/quasi/modest mouse stylee band. V unoriginal. And they're either American or Canadian.
all original bands in their own right. except quasi. america is the home of good guitar based rock n roll. you're becoming too cynical kristie. may i suggest you read this.........

http://tinyurl.com/dw3k9

do it for the kids.

kirstie said:

Quasi's first album (? - the one with the title about birds anyway) was feckin' deadly though... the only time I saw her drumming (unfortunately, I've not seen Sleater Kinney) was supporting Malkums, and that was pretty smart too - Eight Ace all round, I say.

Oh and Clap yer hands and whatever they're called are doldrums.

I am undecided about Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. At first, I liked the name and that was enough for me. Then I heard them and thought it was an awful din and couldn't stand the vocals.

Now I'm bored of their name. It's too long and smacks of smart-arsery. But I listened to some of the album again last night and found it to be much better than I initially reckoned. I feel foolish for having written them off so quickly. I might end up liking them yet.

Don't know anything about them Mormon, but I thought I'd back you up a bit kinda.

pavlos said:
Quasi's first album (? - the one with the title about birds anyway) was feckin' deadly though... the only time I saw her drumming (unfortunately, I've not seen Sleater Kinney) was supporting Malkums, and that was pretty smart too

I agree with this sentiment.

rothko said:
I agree with this sentiment.
i saw them supporting and then backing elliott smith in the music centre. impressive enough live. however on record, except for a couple of exceptions, all the songs sounded a little samey and turgid. turgid - i should write for Kairos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back