Camping spots in Ireland (1 Viewer)

Reets

Supporter
Solutions
Does anyone have some good recommendations?
I'm looking for somewhere nice, that isn't a camping and caravan kinda spot.

Anywhere really.
I thought the Aran Islands might good but I'm not sure if you can camp there, or if it's a good idea as it's just me and the sprog.

i know a really cool place in wicklow if thats any use,could be too close for you though and it being summer i'd say its busy busy.
camp wherever you want really once your smart about it,dont be very obvious,dont make a mess etc and you'll be fine anywhere (apart from glendalough valley,very strict down there,they will move you on) coillte forests are great for camping too,they do have signs forbidding it but i've yet to see/hear of this being enforced.

Can you camp on any of the islands off the west coast?

i know a really cool place in wicklow if thats any use,could be too close for you though and it being summer i'd say its busy busy.
camp wherever you want really once your smart about it,dont be very obvious,dont make a mess etc and you'll be fine anywhere (apart from glendalough valley,very strict down there,they will move you on) coillte forests are great for camping too,they do have signs forbidding it but i've yet to see/hear of this being enforced.

Hi Theodore, were you referring to Glenmalure in this post? If not can you provide me with more info? Looking to go camping in April.

Has anybody got any suggestions? I'm thinking somewhere that isn't over an hour drive from Dublin.

All suggestions welcome. PM if you want.

Cheers
Morg

hmmm,where was i referring to with that post?glenmalure is a good call though,really beautiful down there.
ill rack my brains and get back to you on that one morg...
Cheers mate, yeah Glenmalure is a really nice spot but i went camping last time there and there was loads of other jung fellets camping aound us too and they kind of spoilt is for us. Plus they robbed stuff on us. We did go on a bank holiday which was a silly idea i suppose as that's when it's most popular but i'd rather try a more secluded spot this time.

camp wherever you want really once your smart about it,dont be very obvious,dont make a mess etc and you'll be fine anywhere (apart from glendalough valley,very strict down there,they will move you on)
don't camp in knocksink - they've fines of €3000 for camping there. not that i can say for certain if that's ever been levied.

what ever you do avoid the campsite in Donard, Co Wicklow. Awful spot.

there is a lovely one in rathew though called the hidden valley. strandhill in sligo is also lovely.

I had no idea you could camp in the phoenix park, can you???

T

Okay... it's not in Ireland. But we've been to the Noongallas campsite in Cornwall for the last two years. It's excellent. Right down at the end of Cornwall, in the wild but also near Penzance.

I went camping on the Isles of Scilly once, they're nearby. Very nice, a bit like enid blyton land.

Ah! My old work colleague did the same. I hope to do that some day. Speaking on Enid Blyton, I'm currently making my way through the Faraway Tree books. I wish Old Moon-Face would come down and take over as president.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back