• Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 0

MDR

Did you get my email?
Website
www.myspace.com
We're going to get a camcorder to do the usual parent thing. Can anyone advice on what to get - criteria are that it should be easy to use and has decent memory so we can record more than 10 mins at a time - what's the best format to use?

I'd like something of decent quality that will last a while - years of cheap radios has led me to the view that i should stick to sony, philips etc (maybe I'm wrong).

Ian - I'm looking at you here.

Thanks

we (ie the missus) got a Cannon FS200.

Seems pretty ok.
canon-fs21-16gb-flash-memory-camcorder.jpg

we just use a digital camera, good quality. problem is that it only records 30 seconds at a time. With kids though that's usually plenty. It's served us well. The 30 secs thing does annoy me. Even 2 or 3 mins would be PLENTY.

Why anyone would want to watch home movies of anybody,even their nearest and dearest in continuous shots of over 10 minutes is beyond me.We have one of these....

CanonS5_3q.jpg

With a 4gig sd card( a tenner in aldi nowadays) it takes 25 mins of good quality video with very decent stereo sound.It also takes beautiful photos.

I'm a fan of 1 min max vids.I had an older one of these and loved it but this is the cheese.And it runs for aaaaaggggeeesss on one charge of decent nimih batteries.
Plus you can plug it into the telly so you can have a slideshow at the end of the day.Plus you can lower the res to make it shoot about an hour,and it still looks/sounds great.
Srsly Ro.These are great.
I got mine in the states and sent over for about $350.
Its also got controls for everything ie aperture,exposure,iso etc if you wanna get creative.And the bundled software is a piece of piss to use.I fucking love it.

We're going to get a camcorder to do the usual parent thing. Can anyone advice on what to get - criteria are that it should be easy to use and has decent memory so we can record more than 10 mins at a time - what's the best format to use?

I'd like something of decent quality that will last a while - years of cheap radios has led me to the view that i should stick to sony, philips etc (maybe I'm wrong).

Ian - I'm looking at you here.

Thanks

Pant pant! back after a 30 day ban and there's a question waiting for me. Janey mackers.

Thing is, I've two cameras at my disposal a miniDV and a HDV and I've nothing recorded on either. To be honest ALL the stuff of Ike in the last 6 months has been captured with my camera phone (I've an N95).

I should really bust out the HDV for the boy but the moment has usually past by the time its thought of, thats why the phone is great for capturing those moments.

I've got his first laugh, first train precious ride, first solid food etc all in my pocket.

I have backed up stuff onto the laptop also.

I'd go for a FLIP Mino for that very reason. (excuse the plug).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back