cambodia (1 Viewer)

in southwest Malaysia myself now. Place called melaka, cool little Dutch colonial town on the rivermouth. Lots of little streets a cool china town and uber friendly people all looking out for me 'cos im on my own.

off to Singapore tomorrow to catch my flight to Sydney but i must say the last 6 weeks in South East Asia have been both an amazing experience and a real eye opener. Highlight has to be Laos in its entirety, so much to do, so friendly and great sights...although i haven't a bad word about Vietnam either. Thailand and Cambodia were great but had their depressing sides on opposite ends of the spectrum (thailand gone so greedy, cambodia needs a dig out)

God bless South East Asia, i'll be back

Vang Viang is disappointing. Was expecting it to be more like Pai. Smile bar is a shithole and there was 15 guys in bikinis there last night. Still, it beats ireland. Suckers!!!

Vang Viang is disappointing. Was expecting it to be more like Pai. Smile bar is a shithole and there was 15 guys in bikinis there last night. Still, it beats ireland. Suckers!!!

YEAH U WOULDNT STAY THERE FOR LONG, TUBING AND GO, THE RESTURANTS/CINEMAS ARE RIDDLED WITH RATS, U SEE THEM RUNNING UP THE WALLS!

Haven't gone tubing yet but everyone i'm with has been and they all got sick immediately after and have been fucked all week, stomach cramps, dihorrea, nausea. I might give it a skip i'd say.

It's alright, ended up spending about ten days there. Hammocks by the river is the job. Being a prick to the DJ in smile bar is fun too. Headed for 4000 islands tomorrow. Good times.

i'll be in south east asia at the end of january for 7 weeks.
starting in bangkok and working our way around.
thats all i know at the moment.
should i be more prepared or just go with it?
thanks thumped!

Like i said in yer myspace mail, i spent an age making a plan and haven't stuck to it whatsoever so far, so fuckitt, go, meet cool people, and learn from what they said is awesome. And go to pai. Definitely go to pai.

Vietnam - opinions? About 90% of the opinions i've heard amount to "avoid like the plague" but i've budgeted a month there. Thinking now of skipping it altogether or just going to see the south for the american/vietnam war history bits.

Vietnam's OK, I didn't get to see much of it though and was sick for most of that (thanks, Cambodia!). Hoi An is a cool little place to hang out for a few days, and the food is incredible.

4000 Islands is the best thing about laos.

agreed, was just there a little over a week ago, kept putting off leaving and when the day finally came me and the girl were super depressed.

PS Don't go to Dalat, it's a dump.

i had a pretty great time in Dalat, was only there for a couple days but its quite a pretty place, got force fed whiskey by some pissed-up old dudes by the lake, they kept asking (with their hands) if me and the girlfriend had sex. fun day.

4000 Islands is the best thing about laos.

hey, just had a look at yr flickr there and realized, you're the monkey man!
we had a breif encounter in 4000 islands, i stepped out of a restaurant, looked around, you were standing there with a monkey in yr hands and said, 'are you looking for the bakery?' and i said 'no, a shop'.
wowzers.

hey, just had a look at yr flickr there and realized, you're the monkey man!
we had a breif encounter in 4000 islands, i stepped out of a restaurant, looked around, you were standing there with a monkey in yr hands and said, 'are you looking for the bakery?' and i said 'no, a shop'.
wowzers.
I was just thinking that, by the dates, we must have been there the same time. Yeah, i half half remember that. The monkey's name is bob (a name i gave him from blackadder. His name was the laoation for "monkey" so i felt he needed a proper name). I'm going back to see him in a few weeks. I can't fucking wait.

PS did you make it to the bakery? I heard it were proper good but when i went with bob he got freaked out so we left.

I was just thinking that, by the dates, we must have been there the same time. Yeah, i half half remember that. The monkey's name is bob (a name i gave him from blackadder. His name was the laoation for "monkey" so i felt he needed a proper name). I'm going back to see him in a few weeks. I can't fucking wait.

PS did you make it to the bakery? I heard it were proper good but when i went with bob he got freaked out so we left.

i'd give anything to be heading back there, best place we've been so far, gonna be back in smelly bangkok tomorrow and then its off to chile (with a quick stop off in oz). yeah the bakery was amazing, tho the best thing about it was that the baker cycled by our hut every night around 6, selling off the last of the days cakes, think i put on about a stone that week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back