cambodia (1 Viewer)

Give us a shout when you get to cambodia, in siem reap now, will be headed south in the next few days. Ledge.

we're leaving pai tonight, should be in laos in a couple of days.
not sure if we're gonna go on to cambodia or vietnam next.

you'll see me in my same same t shirt though.

but different...

Booking a thailand holiday for the parents, two weeks late november. Anyone recommend an island for auld ones? All the travel agents go to phuket, but i've never heard anything good about the place. Thinking ko lanta? Suggestions would be great, i'm going with them so somewhere that's not shit would be great.

Booking a thailand holiday for the parents, two weeks late november. Anyone recommend an island for auld ones? All the travel agents go to phuket, but i've never heard anything good about the place. Thinking ko lanta? Suggestions would be great, i'm going with them so somewhere that's not shit would be great.

I've been to Ko Lanta. It was nice. Stayed in a place called Relax Bay which had the nicest food I had anywhere in Thailand. You know, you wanna be careful about this though. They may not appreciate the barreling around in the back of pickups, rough and ready accomadation, etc etc which is all part and parcel of going around the islands. They are certainly not going to appreciate a smelly overnight bus, followed by a boat journey which getting there from Bangkok would entail ....

A nice hotel in Phuket could be just the ticket .... tricky one.

Why not go to Ko Samui? They can fly there from Bangkok ...

Yeah, i figured the shit you or i would go for wouldn't be their thing, that's why i'm looking for a more touristy, picture postcard type island. Ko Samui i've been to twice and hated, fuck all decent accomodation under 1000b, restaraunts were shit, beach wasn't up to much. Koh Tao was the nicest beach in the gulf but i don't think they'd like the scene there, too backpackery. Heard ko lanta was good for families and older travellers, was going to fly them into phuket for a day or two, then boat them over to lanta. Is all rather tricky planning a holiday for two 60 year old farmers.

Yeah you're right, Ko Samui is crap.

Farmers, you say? Bring them up North somewhere and let them work in the rice fields for a week or two?

My 60/70 year old uncle goes to Phuket every year. Loves it ....

I think Ko Samui is much to touristic and busy... Ko Pagh Nan (full moon party island) is much better... and to completely relax choose Ko Tao

I think Ko Samui is much to touristic and busy... Ko Pagh Nan (full moon party island) is much better... and to completely relax choose Ko Tao

You know Ko Pagh Nan is completely touristic as well. The only different is that we're talking "travellers" instead of "tourists". But, really they're just tourists on longer holidays with different hairstyles ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back