cambodia (2 Viewers)

i climbed up a ladder the other week and took this snap through raudi's window

ft8199p209_00025.gif

Where down south are you? I believe Samui is still experiencing some flooding
Yeah, was on samui for a few days just when the flooding started. Rented a jeep for e16 with a german and two kiwis only to find out a lot of the island was under about four feet of water. Few dodgy incidents involving stopping in traffic with water coming in under the doors. Engine cut out twice. Good craic though. Had four awesome nights on pha ngan at thong nai pan - tough to get there as the rain had made shit of the main road, but we got there to find we had the place to ourselves for a few days, and the morning after we arrived the sun came out. Job! On ko Tao now since, eh, tuesday or something, nice spot but i'm sick of the sun and i'm not really one for beaches. Heard about an elephant farm near pai where you can work for your keep, going to try get up there for a week or so. You can take the boy out the farm...
Why on earth would you come back to this board when your supposed to be gone forever? :)

How's the road treating my good man?
Ah the internet's cheap as fuck over here, about e1.20 for an hour, and it keeps me out of the noon heat, which is, to put it mildly, cuntish. Having a great time so far though, hard to believe i'm only away a month, with another eight before i have to get a job. Sweet.

in cambodia now, what a mixed bag of emotions.

amazing place with amazing people. Angkor wat was more impressive than i thought it would be, place is so chilled out, yet i spent most of the time really sad from the killing fields, what went on at the s21 prison and by visiting an orphanage with 25 kids with HIV to give them some rice provisions today.

They were so happy just to have 5 big western guys to play football and shuttlecock with for a few hours. Full of energy, smiles and attempting to speak english, all under 10 too:(
They were even happy and cheery waving us off, absolutely broke my heart.

Anyway Cambodia should be on everyones list of places to go. great beer, people and they need all the development they can get.

the irish are doing some great things out there and i dont mean me

Can we lock this thread? It's depressing me even more than the Christmas one.

Im in Van Vieng now and having a cracking time. Kayaked up from Vientiane and am loving life at the moment....

..hopefully Eire isn't too bitter!

god DAMN IT!!!!! i love vang vieng with all my heart, have a trip down teh nam song for us!

me too. one of the most relaxing places ever. paradise. i fell off a motorbike one day when i was there. went to the vang vieng hospital and they gave me loads of painkillers, really strong shit. and a few band aids for my falling off arm. gas people.

In hindsight I suppose saying I kayaked up to Van Vieng would be wrong because what I actually did was got a lift to a river called the Nam Lik that took 1.5 hours and then kayaked that for a few hours and that has grade 1-2 rapids with some cliff jumping. After you finish kayaking you spend another 1.5 hours driving to Van Vieng itself. I booked with a company called Green Discovery in Vientiane which are quite good so I'd recommend them. Picked up at 8 o'clock and arrived in Van Vieng around 6 o'clock.

Not sure whether to head down to the 4,000 islands or Luang Prubang next. I could probably get lost in this place losing brain cells for a month which wouldn't be good so I gotta make a plan soon!

hey schnapper you should head to luang prabang of course but then you should DEFO head down to pakse and then the islands i reckons

hey schnapper you should head to luang prabang of course but then you should DEFO head down to pakse and then the islands i reckons

I've done Luang Prubang before so wasn't too pushed. Decided I'm going to travel alone til xmas so I'm back down in Vintiane to recouperate and then when the travel agents open tomorrow im going to book a flight down to the south of Thailand to make a glutton of myself and enjoy myself with Thai friends and then meet up with others. I would have liked to see the 4,000 islands.

Anyone been over to the northeast of thailand? Temped to go there for the last ten days of me trip but nobody has any info on it. Want to do something some bit out of the way before i leave rather than have just done islands/chiang mai/pai/misc north stuff.

Anyone been over to the northeast of thailand? Temped to go there for the last ten days of me trip but nobody has any info on it. Want to do something some bit out of the way before i leave rather than have just done islands/chiang mai/pai/misc north stuff.

thorntree.lonelyplanet.com

Any info you need. I would recommend the river kwai on Kanchanabruri anyway and then head up further north

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back