buying cds on the net (1 Viewer)

buck

i know this has probably been all said before but i wasn't paying attention. i just got my first ever credit card in the post today and was wondering what the best sites to buy cds are. like the biggest range, safest and cheapest....looking to get more daniel johnston and some other stuff...

mmm depending what you are into...
www.interpunk.com
www.verydistro.com
www.lumberjack-online.com
www.cdnow.com - this is well worht checking out.. the cd version of amazon, normally pretty fast and check out the second hand and used section when you look up an artist, often you'll pick up promo copies or brand new copies with no faults at all dirt cheap. look at the stars to see how good the company or person selling it is, but its well worht doing, ive never been disappointed and all purchases are guaranteed.

play.com is good if you're not looking for anything too obscure, i buy a lot of dvds there and their delivery times are usually on the ball. free delivery too, and lots of cheap stuff.

its pretty obvious but i've bought loads of stuff from amazon.com. very good range, very reliable and safe and generally good value with the dollar conversion.
do a search for daniel johnston and see how it compares.

How come Dunnes can sell CDs for 14 euro and everywhere (yes yes bar Tesco) has to them for over 20 yos........hmmmmmmmmmmm

ah I think it's only the top 40 chart or something, thats what it is in tesco anyway. Although I must admit I did buy one or two myself

therecklessone said:
Bleedin' rappah shop that. They do 2nd hand stuff as well, t'is usually in tres good nick.

Isn't it free p&p for new purchases over $25?
Yeah p&p is free with new stuff over $25 but they do add a tiny bit of shipping & handling crap which I guess is p&p technically. Yeah, their 2nd hand stuff is perfect, I usually get the minimum $25 dollar new stuff just to cover the free postage and then load up on the cheap 2nd hand cds.

insound be the shit. Southern seem to have ditched their online shop which is a shame. cdwow is good for major label stuff and play is pretty decent.

sleur said:
Yeah p&p is free with new stuff over $25 but they do add a tiny bit of shipping & handling crap which I guess is p&p technically. Yeah, their 2nd hand stuff is perfect, I usually get the minimum $25 dollar new stuff just to cover the free postage and then load up on the cheap 2nd hand cds.

Summat's up there sunshine, they've never charged me shipping & handling once I went over the $25. Last order was last week.

You're getting charged p&p for the 2nd hand stuff if you put it all in the one order. Just try new CDs next time, they won't charge you 'owt.

The said:
How come Dunnes can sell CDs for 14 euro and everywhere (yes yes bar Tesco) has to them for over 20 yos........hmmmmmmmmmmm

Ahem - cds for 8 to 10 Euro here!

Get a paypal account man!Road records havea good online selection - if you want to help out the home crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back