Buying A Domain Name (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

Hi all,
i have never set up a website before so I have a few questions

1 where is the best place to buy a domain name. there are quite a few when i google it

2. how much is a good price?

3. if I buy it do I own it forever or is there some sort of renewal process

4. if i buy a .com is it worth buying the .net and .ie also

Hi all,
i have never set up a website before so I have a few questions

1 where is the best place to buy a domain name. there are quite a few when i google it

2. how much is a good price?

3. if I buy it do I own it forever or is there some sort of renewal process

4. if i buy a .com is it worth buying the .net and .ie also

1. www.blackknight.ie are pretty cheap - €8.25 per year for a .com
2. eh i dunno €8.25
3. You buy it per year, so you can buy it for 5 years then renew or 1 year or whatever you like
4. .ie is more expensive maybe round €60 plus you need to be a registered business but there lots of ways round that

Some places will offer you deals for domain name + webspace. Depending on how much space you'll need and what kind of bandwidth you could look out for the free 50mb webspace offers (although they often come with ads embedded in your site or banners), otherwise you'll be paying for some webspace too.

I pay about ST£35/year for 800mb of space which is way loads (5 websites sitting on it at the moment). I use www.1and1.co.uk who are fine, not perfect but not bad enough to be bothered finding something else.

I went with godaddy.com it was about $40 for hosting plus domain name. I run about three sites off that with the additional domain-forwarded url's costing about $18 dollars each for two years.
They also have an remote FTP client on my account homepage which is handy and fuss-free for a non-techy like me

BlueHost are excellent. Whoeve you register the domain with, make sure you pay the extra tenner or so to go anonymous so your home details and phone number etc are not listed on internic, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back