• Start date
  • Replies 118
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 6
I know this is one of you

SHIHB2VWJ5A7NF72NCCXOZDHRM.jpg

I know this is one of you

SHIHB2VWJ5A7NF72NCCXOZDHRM.jpg

Not one single mention of potential planning issues or parameters or even the fact that you cannot use a garden office as a commercial premises without more headaches.

Interviewers should always either make it clear - or better hide - that they’re transcribing email correspondence and not actually talking to someone.

I've met him a few times and he was sound. Don't think he's on here.
To be clear, I'm not saying he's not sound. I have no strong opinions either way. But fair play to him I suppose. Living the dream.

Rereading this thread, it is one of the best threads ever.

Strangely, I didn't mention a mate who bought a "log cabin" from Lithuania. Then spent a lot of money on the floor, less but still a lot on the wall and ceiling insulation.

But getting the Lithuanian thing was the thing for him. I think that bit costed him £1.500 out of a project that all in all costed him £15,000. Ten or so years ago. It was still big enough for him to fit a full drum kit. A couple of times he had that and an eight piece band with a brass section.

Total aside, but when he moved house, he just had to leave it in the old garden. That still upsets me.

Prices are on the site but some were €50/60k

They did look nice though.
sure cut a window in one of these and ye'd be grand

We made a very short visit to the gardenrooms.ie place out near Finglas. Big yikes at the prices.
Among others I'm looking at, there's a company local to me called Steeltech that do garden offices made of 40mm insulated steel composite 4mx3m for about 11k. It comes ready to plug into your mains and has sockets and lights fitted. They can fit a wall heater too (for extra). Our neighbour just had a foundation for something like this (but well bigger than 4mx3m) made by a local guy for about 1500. To avoid the slightly echoey inside I'd also probably go with the option of getting additional insulation and drywall/skim inside. I'd have to get a price on that, but still a lot lot cheaper than going into our attic - probably sill sub-15k.

Attachments

• goffice.jpg
    goffice.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
How's your music shed these days, Gaz? I'm considering one of those Garden Room prefab yokes to get my studio out of the house.
Its absolutely essential to the wellbeing of this house. The sound in here is IMMACULATE. The housemates arent rockers ..we wouldnt have made it through the pandemic without this place.
Its a little garden in D8 ..behind a little terrace house. There is no scope for music inside.
Out here..its laisse fare . I can play enough SPLS to have my ears ringing and noone knows..exept for the sound of my chair sliding around on the floor. The whole thing is basically a box from which no sound can escape.. unless its agitating the floor physically. Then it radiates to the outside.
Nobody complains about that though.. you wouldn't notice it if you didnt know about it.

Its been a complete success..me and Catherine watch movies out here and its as good as the cinema.

I would change a few things about it though..and I would have done it already but I'm loathe to
take any of it apart.. because its seriously overbuilt . In fact..its twice as built as it needs to be..and I would seriously take the insulation into account if you're considering it..it will make or break it. But I only learned that from building it. So..what would I change?

1. Its too small. I thought I was being clever by building it only using sheets without waste..so I ended up with an internal space of 2 sheets of plywood. Which is LOADS for a garden production suite for one dude ..but its too small to have a couch you sleep on. And.who'd have thunk it..but you might end up wanting to sleep in the place with perfect sound and Pink Floyd on the speakers. I mean, I do,but it could be so much comfier. Its still fucking amazing though.
Atom Heart Mother at 6AM while the rest of the family slumbers. Fucking priceless ,Ill put up with the floor.

2.Tied to number one.. too small. The largest monitor I can fit whilst still maintaining perfect stereo sound is 43" . This ones a fucking bummer. I have 1gb broadband out here ..I should be watching a huge screen.

3. Actually thats it. Its too small. Me and my moth sit out here watching movies in glee while the housemates are watching football. We have a little two seater couch and its cosy as fuck.

But,I'm gonna dismantle it and make it long enough across the width to fit a full size couch and a proper fucking 4k screen at the other end. I shouldve thought of this at the start but I just thought Id be out here composing tunes and no one else would be bothered to come out here.

So,if you're gonna do it.. and you should because life is not getting any longer and having a sound treated room with genelecs is the best thing about life for a musician.. then get cracking..

But fir the love of god MAKE IT A CINEMA ROOM TOO with a couch long enough to sleep on after youv'e had enough pink floyd

Signed Gaz ..from the bottom of the garden

Edit..please pm me if you're thinking about this . I have 4 years of knowlege

Its absolutely essential to the wellbeing of this house. The sound in here is IMMACULATE. The housemates arent rockers ..we wouldnt have made it through the pandemic without this place.
Its a little garden in D8 ..behind a little terrace house. There is no scope for music inside.
Out here..its laisse fare . I can play enough SPLS to have my ears ringing and noone knows..exept for the sound of my chair sliding around on the floor. The whole thing is basically a box from which no sound can escape.. unless its agitating the floor physically. Then it radiates to the outside.
Nobody complains about that though.. you wouldn't notice it if you didnt know about it.

Its been a complete success..me and Catherine watch movies out here and its as good as the cinema.

I would change a few things about it though..and I would have done it already but I'm loathe to
take any of it apart.. because its seriously overbuilt . In fact..its twice as built as it needs to be..and I would seriously take the insulation into account if you're considering it..it will make or break it. But I only learned that from building it. So..what would I change?

1. Its too small. I thought I was being clever by building it only using sheets without waste..so I ended up with an internal space of 2 sheets of plywood. Which is LOADS for a garden production suite for one dude ..but its too small to have a couch you sleep on. And.who'd have thunk it..but you might end up wanting to sleep in the place with perfect sound and Pink Floyd on the speakers. I mean, I do,but it could be so much comfier. Its still fucking amazing though.
Atom Heart Mother at 6AM while the rest of the family slumbers. Fucking priceless ,Ill put up with the floor.

2.Tied to number one.. too small. The largest monitor I can fit whilst still maintaining perfect stereo sound is 43" . This ones a fucking bummer. I have 1gb broadband out here ..I should be watching a huge screen.

3. Actually thats it. Its too small. Me and my moth sit out here watching movies in glee while the housemates are watching football. We have a little two seater couch and its cosy as fuck.

But,I'm gonna dismantle it and make it long enough across the width to fit a full size couch and a proper fucking 4k screen at the other end. I shouldve thought of this at the start but I just thought Id be out here composing tunes and no one else would be bothered to come out here.

So,if you're gonna do it.. and you should because life is not getting any longer and having a sound treated room with genelecs is the best thing about life for a musician.. then get cracking..

But fir the love of god MAKE IT A CINEMA ROOM TOO with a couch long enough to sleep on after youv'e had enough pink floyd

Signed Gaz ..from the bottom of the garden

Edit..please pm me if you're thinking about this . I have 4 years of knowlege
BIg thanks for the big reply Gaz. I might DM you there actually. I'm leaning towards buying something in purely because although I do a decent bit of DIY I've no experience in building structures, but you might tip me over on this. 🤘

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back