Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
Party!!!!!!

R-3178680-1319292826.jpeg.jpg

can't find a song called Budge it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Howlin speaking directly to voters said:
I want to deal with one issue that generates considerable debate. It has become popular to say that under this Government, inequality has risen. This is simply not true.Our adjustment has been a difficult one, but a fair one. Those with the most have given the most.

Also - everyone's better off to the tune of a week's salary? That's great - too bad the recent changes to my working hours & leave entitlements equated to me losing 18.5 days a year, or almost a month's salary.

Again it takes the Brits to tell us what's really going on.

In fairness, it was just a fluke that the journalist wasn't recognised by the government aides. She just happens to work for The Times Ireland.

Re: the screening of the calls, isn't that par for the course with every radio show (except for the likes of Adrian Kennedy et el).

In fairness, it was just a fluke that the journalist wasn't recognised by the government aides. She just happens to work for The Times Ireland.

Re: the screening of the calls, isn't that par for the course with every radio show (except for the likes of Adrian Kennedy et el).

True. I've generally found though that the British papers will run a story that the Irish media seems to have 'missed'.
You expect some amount of screening but the idea that the questions are pre-approved and the answers ready to go is wrong. Ministers, indeed any politicians, should be open to questioning that may or may not take them outside their comfort zone.

Re: the screening of the calls, isn't that par for the course with every radio show
I'm not sure. They definitely screen, I'm just not sure in what manner.

It would be relatively easy for RTE to torpedo a guest with the 'right' caller I'd have thought.

Also, the coalition seems to be way more antsy about being hated. They fear it. Fianna Fail just told everyone to shine the fuck on that they were in charge. That probably doesn't work anymore.

Sean O'Rourke (who is no fucking slouch by a long way) had Brian Cowen on after the crash to defend his record. Cowen went toe to toe with him and never really suffered anything close to a knockout blow.
It was a remarkable performance for someone that had just ran the ship of the country aground.

Somebody is lying.

Is this not the exact thing they're denying?
In the case of yesterday's programme, advance access to audience questions on specific individuals’ circumstances post-budget queries was given to ministerial advisers as standard practice.
I have read that sentence like 10 times.

In fairness, any of those post-budget call-ins that I've listened to the minister has always been prepped to some degree.
Presenter : We have Mary from Tallaght
Mary : Minister, I take care of my mother at home, what are you going to do about the carer's allowance?
Minister : I understand that your mother was in state care before you took care of her....

That sort of thing. You're given the clear impression that there is at least notes being given.

Well, specifically the part where Ellen says, quoting an official from Finance,

“No. We’re going to be very clear on this, the ministers will not go on air before seeing them first,” he demanded.

RTE say

"This morning’s article in The Times is factually incorrect. At no time was a threat delivered that a Minister would not appear on the programme as a result of his press advisers not seeing the questions in advance."

I guess its helpful for the ministers to have some background so as to illustrate the point for any listeners in similar circumstances but the pre-approval of all aspects of the show (if what The Times claim is true) is wrong as what we're given is a broadcast on the governments behalf.

I guess its helpful for the ministers to have some background so as to illustrate the point for any listeners in similar circumstances but the pre-approval of all aspects of the show (if what The Times claim is true) is wrong as what we're given is a broadcast on the governments behalf.
I hope someone sues someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back