Bruce Springsteen appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Re: Bruce Springsteen apprecication thread

That live 75-85 thing looks like its good value for money. Just noticed how cheap most of his stuff is on Amazon. Probably have to go mad and buy most of it.

God I wish I was going to see him in November. Fuck sake

Due to my Dad being a fan Springsteen was the first musician I became a fan of. The pair of us went to that RDS gig on the tour when he started playing with the E-Street band again. 3+ hours, incredible.

Nebraska is one of my favourite albums ever, Born to Run, Darkness On The Edge Of Town and Tunnell Of Love are all .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .

talkinglama said:
When i was first getting into Bruce a friend suggested this album and i absolutely love it. It's a triple cd box set of his life stuff from 1975-1985. It even has his classic version of Tom Wait's Jersey Girl :) .|..|

That's brilliant, the versions of Spirit in the Night, Growing up, Thunder Road and It's hard to be a saint in the city in particular. My old man bought it on vinyl and put it all on tape for me, I don't think I listened to anything else from the ages of 8-11.

My cousin is the world's biggest Bruce fan. His three kids' first words were all Bruce-related (or so I gather). All of them play instruments, and are basically a R****o-style Bruce cult. Last time I saw him, the littlest couldn't have been more than about 3, and when I asked him who his favourite band was, he said, all saucer-eyed and adorable, "Bwooth Spwingthteen and de E-Stweet Band". CUTEST THING EVER.

He does have a strong appeal to that demographic alright. And most others

seanc said:
He does have a strong appeal to that demographic alright. And most others

I am listening to Darkness right now, and I had to hide the album cover from myself because I couldn't stop staring at Bruce's incredible hotness. Christ, never before or since was there anyone as HOT.

Good god. I love Bruce. And you know what? I like to think that Bruce loves me, too.

ETA: Candy's Room just came on, and I was RIPPED from my seat and out into the sitting room, and I GOT DOWN, I TELL YOU. I can't actually help myself, and I might have to force myself to put on a different album because I can't get any work done. All I can do is dance and fantasise about eating ice cream with Bruce on the boardwalk in Asbury Park, and talking about life and stuff.

The Born To Run box set that was released last year has an ace DVD of Bruce playing the Hammersmith Odeon in 1975, giving "the worst performance of his career".

Also, am I the only one who rates The Ghost Of Tom Joad? If so, I'm content with my well-soundtracked isolation. Hideous cover, cracking album.

jane said:
I am listening to Darkness right now, and I had to hide the album cover from myself because I couldn't stop staring at Bruce's incredible hotness. Christ, never before or since was there anyone as HOT.

What about skinny, pre-working out and with a tea cosy on his head Bruce?

Unicron said:
What about skinny, pre-working out and with a tea cosy on his head Bruce?

He's pretty skinny on the cover of Darkness, like. That's where he's hottest.

darknes2.jpg

Drool.

Just wanted to bump this thread because my addiction is becoming a fucking serious problem. I was out the other night, and I wanted to go home just so I could listen to Thunder Road a thousand fucking times.

Happens with increasing frequency. Am beginning to admit I have a problem, but I don't want to get better. Any advice?

For a start, stop talking to Ryan Tubridy ;). Secondly, addictions are the new black. I have to say, I appreciate a lot of the Boss's stuff but I only really, really like the Seger sessions. That massive band just sounds so damn good!

For a start, stop talking to Ryan Tubridy ;). Secondly, addictions are the new black. I have to say, I appreciate a lot of the Boss's stuff but I only really, really like the Seger sessions. That massive band just sounds so damn good!

i cant stand that seeger rubbish. what the fuck, like? talking of addictions though - anyone else into van der graaf generator? ive listened to nothing but VdGG and peter hammill for the last three weeks. for ages hammills voice was a bit of a turn off but ive cracked it now. im looking at mugs on ebay - what do you think?
vdggmug1.jpg

theres a cool pawn hearts one two, although the still life one seems to be gone - i'd really like that one.

seriously...are you not mentioning darkness on the edge of town in your favourites. i just bought the cd for the first time (had it before it various ways...). christ, what an absolute classic. better than born to run. not sure about nebraska, cos its so different, but at the moment its my favourite. promised land and the title track and candy's room. man. genius.

edit: that was in response to the first post...not everyone. obviously? no not that obvious.

seriously...are you not mentioning darkness on the edge of town in your favourites. i just bought the cd for the first time (had it before it various ways...). christ, what an absolute classic. better than born to run. not sure about nebraska, cos its so different, but at the moment its my favourite. promised land and the title track and candy's room. man. genius.

edit: that was in response to the first post...not everyone. obviously? no not that obvious.

I'm with you on that album.

Darkness has displaced not just all other music I own, but significant daily activities and life events. I swear, I would miss my own wedding if it meant one more go of Candy's Room. Considering I am going to marry Bruce Springsteen, though, that'd be a bit silly of me.

GOOD GOD. Right now, I've got the Hammersmith Odeon 1975 album on, which is just about the only thing that's keeping me from shutting myself in the house and listening to Badlands to the exclusion of all else in the universe.

Jane, I really need some help for the same problem. I've found myself lately only wanting to listen to the Boss and very little else. I cant even explain why I like him so much but I just want more and more of his music. Got Darkness on the Edge of town there last week and its barely been off the CD player!

Yesterday I got the Born to Run boxset really cheap in work. The live DVD.......HOLY FUCK!!!!!!! Brilliant

Got a big book about him. Havent read it yet but I will soon

I'm depressed I cant go to see him in November :mad:

I love the boss, I got into Tunnell Of Love again last week and have to say it's the greatest break up album of all time 'One Step Up' brings a tear to my cynical eye everytime...

The 1975-1985 live 3 disc is amazing as well, I love the intro to 'The River' and only Bruce could get anyway with a tune like 'Racing in the Street'. He makes it sound cool evoking images of on the waterfront Marlon Brando whereas anyone else would just make it sound cheesy and formulaic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's for all you Segar Session fans (Bruce on Conan O'Brien with Conan playing guitar), I posted this before but it's always worth seeing again although it may make anyone not going to the gig depressed :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes, what exactly is wrong with the Seeger sessions? I like Van Der Graaf Generator too, though, from the little I've heard. I reckon I like things too much. I hate vodka, though. And Yngwie Malmsteen.

What the hell is wrong with the Seeger Sessions?

Yes, what exactly is wrong with the Seeger sessions?

i just dont like it, sounds to me like it doesnt have the springsteen spirit in it and doesnt have any other kind of spirit either, and the singing is awful, so it is. (i am a big springsteen fan, just not of this muck)

Jane, I really need some help for the same problem. I've found myself lately only wanting to listen to the Boss and very little else. I cant even explain why I like him so much but I just want more and more of his music. Got Darkness on the Edge of town there last week and its barely been off the CD player!​

Yesterday I got the Born to Run boxset really cheap in work. The live DVD.......HOLY FUCK!!!!!!! Brilliant​

Got a big book about him. Havent read it yet but I will soon​

I'm depressed I cant go to see him in November :mad:

That's the thing. I mean, I don't want to listen to anything else, so I don't. And I guess I should be worried, but I'm not. Another thing I've done more than once was to find myself a bit uninspired while out on the town, and just sat there in the pub, playing Darkness inside of my brain. I think this might make me a bad person, but fuck it.

Mackle, will you be the ring-bearer at the wedding of Bruce and me? I'd be well honoured.

What's the book you got about him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back