Broombridge Station Robbery (1 Viewer)

they only recently changed the irish for broombridge on the announcements on the train. some twonk who thought he was cleverer than he actually is had translated it as droichead na scuab. it's actually droichead broom.

Its a fucking kip.I used to get the train to Maynooth from there when I was trying to be a student.
I'd normally walk down,but one morning I was late and cycled.Locked my bike up on the railings.Got back that evening to find my bicycle had been..BURNT OUT.

Its a fucking kip.I used to get the train to Maynooth from there when I was trying to be a student.
I'd normally walk down,but one morning I was late and cycled.Locked my bike up on the railings.Got back that evening to find my bicycle had been..BURNT OUT.

that was a foolish place to lock anything, in fairness

Now that I think of it, it's even been a long time since i saw gangs of lads standing around in the field there

sorry for laughing but I nearly wet myself here!

only in broombridge

At least Broom Bridge is ace.

Broom Bridge, also known as Brougham Bridge, is a bridge along Broombridge Road which crosses the Royal Canal in Cabra, Dublin, Ireland. Broom Bridge is named after William Brougham, one of the directors of the Royal Canal company. It is somewhat famous for being the location where Sir William Rowan Hamilton first wrote down the fundamental formula for quaternions on October 16, 1843, which is to this day commemorated by a stone plaque on the northwest corner of the underside of the bridge.

The text on the plaque reads:

Here as he walked by
on the 16th of October 1843
Sir William Rowan Hamilton
in a flash of genius discovered
the fundamental formula for
quaternion multiplication
i² = j² = k² = ijk = −1
& cut it on a stone of this bridge.

Given the historical importance of the bridge with respect to mathematics, mathematicians from all over the world have been known to take part in the annual commemorative walk from Dunsink Observatory to the site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broom_Bridge

i lived 5 min walk from Broombridge on the finglas side and i can honestly say that most of the young felits are scum being brought up by an older generation of scum. they've very little chance of breaking the cycle. There are lots of lovely people around there but also lots pond.

A lad i know that lives in Cabra was hopped on by a gang of lads at 7am on his way to work while waiting on a train.

Also they burn out anything around there, in the lane up from the gaf i lived in i used to find all sorts: lawnmower, tesco trollys, bikes, wheelchair to name but a few things. I saw a gang of five year olds trying to set fire to a steel lamp post one afternoon. Based on the graffiti i used to see around my estate they also enjoy reclaiming the swastika but that might only be a couple of bad apples.

I remember seeing an auld wan in the nip down that lane coming home from your gaf one early AM

I used to live around and have just been around Cabra for years and years and precisely one bottle cap (Pepsi Wide Mouth) was thrown at me. Sum total of grief in Cabra. I had more shit in Swords back in the day. I still wouldn't be on for going to catch or get off a train at Broombridge though unless absolutely necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back