Broadband Providers Comparison (3 Viewers)

nlgbbbblth said:
ha i feel your pain.

the first half of my tale is post #8 on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96025

since then i got another final demand (for €300 this time) about a year ago, so I wrote to them again (third time!) asking would they please send me a statement & copies of all bills or invoices outlining what exactly they were final demanding from me. I also requested a copy of all information relating to me that they have on file, quoting the relevant provisions of the Data Protection Act.

Heard nothing back.

Then in June of this year I got 2 more final demands (for €150 this time - did they write off the €300 so they could ignore my data protection request?) & finally, last week got a letter from a debt collection agency threatening legal action.

Not sure what to do next, but I have the form here for a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner people since they ignored my request for my personal data.

pete said:
ha i feel your pain.

the first half of my tale is post #8 on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96025

since then i got another final demand (for €300 this time) about a year ago, so I wrote to them again (third time!) asking would they please send me a statement & copies of all bills or invoices outlining what exactly they were final demanding from me. I also requested a copy of all information relating to me that they have on file, quoting the relevant provisions of the Data Protection Act.

Heard nothing back.

Then in June of this year I got 2 more final demands (for €150 this time - did they write off the €300 so they could ignore my data protection request?) & finally, last week got a letter from a debt collection agency threatening legal action.

Not sure what to do next, but I have the form here for a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner people since they ignored my request for my personal data.
:mad: :( EsatBT = pricks

utv are deadly. I got the bb sorted at the same time that E****m were doing work in the area so at first I thought the UTV service was a bit crap (kept dropping), turns out it was e****m's fault all along. I heart UTV (not the station)

anyone else got irish broadband? i've sent off the application form twice, and called then 4or5 times and they still havent replied back about getting there service in.is this typical customer service or unusual?

xsteox said:
anyone else got irish broadband? i've sent off the application form twice, and called then 4or5 times and they still havent replied back about getting there service in.is this typical customer service or unusual?
is typical of the service you get when dealing with a call centre. Not paid enough to give a shit.

i am with esat, granted there billing is a joke they didnt bill me at all this year untill recently. on the upside the cap is twice that of eircom ( and lower contention) and the sevice seams to be fine. was a bit up and down for a while but seams to be fine now.

the problem is no one can keep up with the demand for broadband thats why it takes ages to get eircom / iol / irish broadband to sort you out.

das funkinstein said:
i am with esat, granted there billing is a joke they didnt bill me at all this year untill recently. on the upside the cap is twice that of eircom ( and lower contention) and the sevice seams to be fine. was a bit up and down for a while but seams to be fine now.

the problem is no one can keep up with the demand for broadband thats why it takes ages to get eircom / iol / irish broadband to sort you out.

I managed to get my NTL service installed after a few hitches. One of the blokes from NTL saw my post on the irish broadband site about the problems I had had and got it sorted in two weeks.

Haven't had any problems since. 1.5meg line ( 170 kb/s average download speed) with a 1 gig transfer limit a day.

I'm currently trying to get rid of my iol service. They told I'd be better off waiting until the first week in November when my year is up before writing a request for its cancellation. So I'll see how that goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back