Breakcore, Electronica, Punk, Ska ..... Poetry. Leechrum fest 2005. (1 Viewer)

hanley said:
inconsistent is a good was to describe thm gardai alright.i think they were taking booze off people who would have looked like punks or metallers or something.we all walked passed them with bottles in our hands when we got there on sat afternoon.about a hour after that we drove in a car with 5peoples drink in it and they were grand about that too
Yep. We strolled past them with a slab and they didn't say anything to us.

I thought the whole thing was a great laugh. You can't expect these things to go off without a hitch every time.:)

Think we got off lightly, 1000 riot police arrived at czechtek this year

czechtek-police19.jpg

Remember KnockRockStock in Roscommon a few years back? "I've been a guard for thirty five years and i've never heard of a 'contraceptive pill'". Bless 'em, he took them (the package of the pill with the days on it and all) away for forensic testing.

So what actual law did the cops quote when making the sound systems go home? Was it just "neighbours complaining about the noise" or was it "you need a dance licence" or what?

The funny thing is that I emailed the Leechrum guys a few weeks ago asking:

Is this Leechrum festival you guys are putting on in July (30th-31st)
an "illegal" (ie, could be shut down by the cops) thing or do you
actually have permission to do it?

Just interested as I'm thinking of checking it out myself but wouldn't
like to trek all the way over to discover it has been shut down
already.

to which I got the reply:

its on private land
nothing illegal about it

So why did the cops send sound systems home? And why were they confiscating beer from people? Is it illegal to drink alcohol on private land in Leitrim?

Thayl said:
So what actual law did the cops quote when making the sound systems go home?

They quoted section 22 i think. something about drugs and alcohol. they were going to take my beer but 2 cool 2 dance was with me and started to stir a bit of shit. so he bombarded the cops with 40 questions in about 10 seconds and all we got was bullshit, so one of the cops drove away and came back with a warrant which wasnt even signed. after more bickering i just walked in to the carpark and left my beer in one of the lads car, then i tried to walk past but they wanted to search all my bags again. They even went through my hardware bag, cymbals and sticks. it was very annoying. it was still one of the best weekends ever but it was very shit for any band who had to travel from dublin, cork etc. we only came from galway so we didnt really care but captain insano came from cork and didnt get to play a single note. total bummer!

felt a bit shit about Captain Insano not getting to play really. we did come from Aberdeen of course but still. Tried to get things set up early on the Sunday so that Captain Insano could actually play but they had to leave before we could.

Mermade. said:

MUSIC Not enough good stuff thanks to the cops and the punks (on saturday anyway, saw one good punk band sunday). I enjoyed all ten minutes of UBS, Chevron and The Last Sound.

Hey thanks unknown person I am in no way affiliated with!

I had a good buzz at this. A big fecker of a good aul buzz craic altogether. For the record, like.

Tried to walk down to the lake, but the makeshift path was evidently where many people had poos.

Shorty & the Fat Bastards? Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Cork Tony asked me if I "had any heads?"

I had fun at this thingy anyway.
Some cops came over to my tent and asked had I anything illegal inside,
I asked him to hold on a sec, rummaged around inside with the door closed ,came out and said not any more.
The guy laughed so they seemed ok fellas,
Didnt touch my drink, only loked in the front pocket of my bag and made sure that it was paracetamol in the boots bag.
As for the music and general buzz it was fantastic. My band (multistory) played last on the sunday night/monday morning at 5am. We only planned to play for 40 mins or so but Jasper told us to keep going so we ended up playing 2 and a half hours nearly!
Even with the garda disruption and overflowing porta loo (try the compost toilets next time, actually not smelly and very clean) I had a mad time altogether!
Looking forward to the next happening

yeah shorty and the fat bastards, thats my band.
we had great fun down there, sat was a bit of a mess but when theres a mess just make the best of it and thats what everyone did. sunday was also well cool but it was a shame loads of bands left, cause I wanted to see a good few of them.

what an totally random day..... people came up from cork.... jaysus... I had enough hassle from Galway with bus eireann .... it's a shame it didn't go ahead as planned .... much confusion with only one tent... many bands were cancelled which is always a shame and there was a scary rickety bridge on the way to the field

.... interesting experience all the same :confused:!ninjaaaa

had a great weekend their,.dispite some bands i really wanted to see not playing. fair play to organisers.|..|

hanley said:
just wondering if anyone found a camera at this gig
i woke up on monday without mine:(, it was a canon a75.i know its very unlikley to turn up but suppose its worth a chance.

also on another note Tony lost his glasses.if anyone hast them (there about a centimetre thick) could you let me know
thanks
I lost my camera too but got it back so don't despair! I found some glasses too but they were of the sun glasses variety...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back