Breakcore, Electronica, Punk, Ska ..... Poetry. Leechrum fest 2005. (3 Viewers)

broken arm said:
so was this langer or banger?

A bit of both, truth be told. The Cops stopped people bringing in PA equipment and amplifiers after a certain point on saturday. Even though the event took place on private property they said they were entitled to confiscate anything that wasn't acoustic. The upshot being that there was only one tent able to accomodate live music instead of three. This meant that there was a huge bottleneck of bands waiting ot get on the stage. Most of saturday night's live music was a succession of mostly shit punk bands who barged their way on to stage despite the wishes of people who were supposed to be in charge. All the Punks pissed off to bed as soon as Chevron came on and he pissed all over everything that went before him. We (United Bible Studies) went on after him at about 5:30 AM and he had charged the athmosphere for the better. We were shut down after about 10 minutes 'cause of some supposed cop pressure. maybe they just thought we were shit. We just kept going acoustic-style though.

There were two other tents with DJs all night; cheesy psy trance to daft breaks. There were excellent vegetarian food tents and loads of people there. Met some really nice people at this too. The setting is magnificant, lakes and a wind farm on top of the mountains in the distance. The campsite was on a hills looking down on the main festival area. Apart from the fiasco with the running order this was truly banger. Respect and thanks to all the Organisers.
And yes, We can confirm Cork Tony sightings

wow. sounds like a headache for the organisers but more than likely worth it.

why was there so much cop pressure?

While this isn't particularly related I thought i'd let ye know about a brill hostel that I stayed in the Friday night. It's a little outside Riverstown (close 2 Sligo) and is dome shaped with a circular hollow in the centre with fire place. This place wld be the business for parties gigs etc.

see http://smirsh.com/gyreum/

ron said:
While this isn't particularly related I thought i'd let ye know about a brill hostel that I stayed in the Friday night. It's a little outside Riverstown (close 2 Sligo) and is dome shaped with a circular hollow in the centre with fire place. This place wld be the business for parties gigs etc.

see http://smirsh.com/gyreum/

that looks great. how much a night?

18 snots.

They have a hi fi system with record player with many Bowie albums in the centre of the dome.

Great great spot.

Jaysus, I heard about that cop raid and general hassle. Some one who was there should really write an article about this, the cops clamping down on the young 'uns having fun and all that. Seriously, a bloody pain in the hole. The clear message is get on to Witness ye chancers..

broken arm said:
so was this langer or banger?

i thought it was great, despite lack of soundsystems.people were sayin that the gardai were taking drink off people goin into the gig on sat afternoon but didnt hassle any of us going in with car or anything.music was ok, dance tent was cheezy as fuck.punk bands were ok.was ment to be better on sunday night but i slept for most of that night.

hanley said:
i thought it was great, despite lack of soundsystems.people were sayin that the gardai were taking drink off people goin into the gig on sat afternoon but didnt hassle any of us going in with car or anything.music was ok, dance tent was cheezy as fuck.punk bands were ok.was ment to be better on sunday night but i slept for most of that night.

Sunday night down at the hay bail tent was .|..|.|..|.|..|

All in all best weekend in ages, nice one leechrum!

what was up with the pigs?
all sounds kinda fucked up
more people should make united bible studies stop playing after 10 minutes though

Wavioli said:
Sunday night down at the hay bail tent was .|..|.|..|.|..|

All in all best weekend in ages, nice one leechrum!
toadally

7 people dancing to 2 repetitive beats = illegal rave under Irish law!!!!!
Cops kinda ruined everything, lot of legal wrangling in the lead up, soundsystems were being confiscated and in an attempt to pacify the cops there was no good/loud, techno, electronica, breaks during the day friday saturday sunday, only local bands and had to endure fuckin trance all day. Best was kept til last though on sunday night, the techno, drum'n'bass gabba breakcore sets were fuckin great (complete with mc'ing as gaelige) place was going mental til the next day, dunno who was who really, exile was great, they were all mental gabba madmen.
I was in a bit of a strange mood all weekend though, wasn't feeling to sociable, bit on edge, kinda ruined it, probably explainable by drinking 3 days worth of booze on first night, had to stomach cheap cooking wine battery acid for the rest of the fest.
Weather was a bit nippy to for july.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
what was up with the pigs?
all sounds kinda fucked up
more people should make united bible studies stop playing after 10 minutes though
prolly best kept off the internet, bit of an ongoing game of give and take with the gardai and leechrum events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back