Breakcore, Electronica, Punk, Ska ..... Poetry. Leechrum fest 2005. (1 Viewer)

i take it leitrim doesn't have a history of free parties and raves? hence the cops being unsound

broken arm said:
i take it leitrim doesn't have a history of free parties and raves? hence the cops being unsound
Its the home of free parties!, been to loads in leitrim.
Leitrim/local cops are cool, but the actual site (which is on private property) is actually just across the border in roscommon and falls under the boyle gardai's duristiction, they have to deal with a lot more bullshit on a daily basis and hence are a bit of a different buzz.

2 cool 2 dance said:
I thought the whole weekend was excellent despite all the set backs and unwanted company... whole thing was organised really well.

not if yr being threatened by shit nordie punk bands who are stealing yr stage time to bang out some oi bullshit...

2 cool 2 dance said:
Is that 1000 DRUNKEN NIGHTS yer talkin about?
dunno, mighta been runnin riot? it all sounded the same to me - stuck in 77. :eek: except one band with a girl playin bass who had a bit of a dubby thing goin on.
did any of yr bands get to play?

defo confusion reigned, big difference between what different people were told by different organisers as to line up times once the tents were combined for from what i saw but no point crying about it all now, some of the punk bands were as pissed off by what they saw as indie bands trying to steal their stagetime as vice versa.

but anyway, one of those confusing nights but well done to organisers on their efforts.

bohs punks said:
defo confusion reigned, big difference between what different people were told by different organisers as to line up times once the tents were combined for from what i saw but no point crying about it all now, some of the punk bands were as pissed off by what they saw as indie bands trying to steal their stagetime as vice versa.

but anyway, one of those confusing nights but well done to organisers on their efforts.

the organisers had some strop and were telling people differing things all right. pity. who were these indie bands? i hate indie bands too man.

did you stay for sunday? story?

giveadogabone said:
dunno, mighta been runnin riot? it all sounded the same to me - stuck in 77. :eek: except one band with a girl playin bass who had a bit of a dubby thing goin on.
did any of yr bands get to play?

hmm, not only do you dislike OI you also seem to have a problem with OU

judging by the way you spell "yr"

who was the dub-ish band?

I play in The Boy You Hit Is Dead, Esc., Talibanned and Council of Ten. The other guitarist inTBYHID also plays in Summer Disease. Council of Ten got to play on the Sunday afternnon around 4 or 5 with that naked bastard running around the place.

Rep-rip? Don't know what that is.... the only person i've ever given a bad rep thingy is yer man from On-Off.
:)

giveadogabone said:
not if yr being threatened by shit nordie punk bands who are stealing yr stage time to bang out some oi bullshit...

In fairness there was only going to be one outcome there

1021hippies.gif

V

sym2.jpg

good weekend though

as a matter of interest one of the "punks"who saw the bible studies said they were really good, at least thats who he thought they were , 3 drummers? trumpet?

giveadogabone said:

i dont think anyone one was stealing stage time in the band tent, all those "shit nordie punk bands" were mostly from scotland and the rule was who ever traveled farthest plays first... which i think is fair enough. sunday went without a hitch. pity most of the acts that were supposed to play fucked off home. all in all this was a savage weekend. cant wait for the next one.

.|..| .|..| .|..|

leechum in point form cause im tired..

COPS : Pretty baffling and inconsistent approach.. the only purpose seemed to be to force as many people as possible to take class A drugs. No amplified live music allowed but aforementioned cheesy trance didnt seem to bother them and alcohol, where not hidden, was confiscated. Ok officer, if you really insist I will have my first pill in years out of boredom.

EFFORT Full marks to the poor hoors organising this trying to keep the thing going despite having to deal with cruel fate in the guise of the cops from the d'unbelievables. I wonder do they feel right now like doing it again?

SETTING Gorgeous! Leitrim is indeed lovely, at least these few acres anyway. Great views, ground very dry.. camping was very pleasant indeed except for the 'my cup it runneth over' toilets. The ditch it is so.

DOGS A fine variety of canines running amok. A quirky (wonky) bunch they were too.

MUSIC Not enough good stuff thanks to the cops and the punks (on saturday anyway, saw one good punk band sunday). I enjoyed all ten minutes of UBS, Chevron and The Last Sound.

FOOD Excellent. Yum Yum, no pigs bum though!

Heres hoping for next year.....

Mermade. said:

COPS : Pretty baffling and inconsistent approach.. the only purpose seemed to be to force as many people as possible to take class A drugs. No amplified live music allowed but aforementioned cheesy trance didnt seem to bother them and alcohol, where not hidden, was confiscated. Ok officer, if you really insist I will have my first pill in years out of boredom.

inconsistent is a good was to describe thm gardai alright.i think they were taking booze off people who would have looked like punks or metallers or something.we all walked passed them with bottles in our hands when we got there on sat afternoon.about a hour after that we drove in a car with 5peoples drink in it and they were grand about that too

I just remembered being searched by them now, don't think they really wanted to be there in all fairness. Checked our wallets and took our details (obligatory wrong address), they didn't even bother checking castle greyskull, i could have been hiding a 5 foot heroin needle in there! I'm halfway recovered now, i think it was the general overcast weather that ruined alot, being able to roll around monged under the sun can really change things for the better so much, still sunday night/monday morning down the end tent was some of the best techno i've ever absorbed..|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back