Bored in Work (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 196
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 3
Originally posted by lorcanzo

eh....duh! :rolleyes: i don't really think it means intelligent dance music! cos that'd be embarrassing....

*cough*

it does and all.

terrible name, eh?

conjures up images of baldy beard strokers in combats and hoodies.

like me.

*cough*

actually,it does stand for that lorcanzo.
i was just makin fun of you because you had to ask.

i don't like calling it that anyway,electronic will do for me.

i don't think i've ever referred to idm as idm either.

and me from a good god-fearin' wire-subscribin' household.

Originally posted by happy
what's intelligent dance music? i thought dance music was all about having fun... serious question by the way.

there's a school of thought out there that reckons it makes you "think",which is true to a certain degree.it just sounds so up it's fuckin arse.

Originally posted by happy
what's intelligent dance music? i thought dance music was all about having fun... serious question by the way.

ah its a journalistic term that came out of the warp records et al tidal wave about 1994.

anything electronic, which couldn't reqally be fit into the techno/house/electro etc catagories was fair game for this term. warp records...skam.. all those ppl: idm.

its nearly as horrible (but not quite) as the all encompassing american term "electronica".

urrrrgh.

these days theres a pritty strong anti idm movement in people like kid606 and cex... they make stupid music to fuck/dance/kill to.

its great... the sound of electronic dance/listening music climbing back out of its own arse after 8 years.

Originally posted by herv

i find the the old idm a bit cliched at the minute, and thats vaguely in a kinda way what i'm trying to do: idm with real instruments: accordians and violins and the like.

(return of the mack....) here herv, read over this again will ye? do you live in a world where you constantly think you're giving an interview to woman's way? and by the way, i've heard some of your muck so you no longer deserve an opinion.
anyone notice the shape of the bald german striker's head today? it has a kind of pyramidy shaped bump just where the back of his head meets his neck. sound.

Originally posted by slurms

(return of the mack....) here herv, read over this again will ye? do you live in a world where you constantly think you're giving an interview to woman's way?

yes.

and by the way, i've heard some of your muck so you no longer deserve an opinion.

yes.

This is without doubt the worst reply in a history of bad replies on the thumped website. I dont even have to buzz of ye, its bad whatever way you slice the cake, and as such i will be reporting you to the moderator...

Originally posted by morgen-vox
This is without doubt the worst reply in a history of bad replies on the thumped website. I dont even have to buzz of ye, its bad whatever way you slice the cake, and as such i will be reporting you to the moderator...

oh yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back