Bored In Work 3 (1 Viewer)

Being in Nostralia I have the dubious honour of being the first in work this fine Monday morn. And yep, it's just as boring here as it is in mother eire. Pah.

Enjoy your hangovers, people. Mine's a beaut.

ugh...this morning was ok for about 5 seconds till i remembered the match . . .

what abou the gardai playing wreck the buzz as usual and not letting the players have an open topped bus through the city centre?

knackers..

.........................aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........................

say if i was to murder ian harte, would any jury in the land convict me?

The worst part about this is that Spain did what you said they would - they bottled. And we had them by the cojones.

No, the worst part is that the USA have gone through. And England. aaargh!

japan or senegal or turkey are going to a semi final......
we could have them.

Well I'd say Braazeel! are pretty unstoppable. They were poor today and still won 2-0. Your boys may yet take them though, Alex.

See old Andy Townshend crying? Irish cockney through and through. Pundits are gas. They use the word "fancy" too much.

"I fancy Italy to do well"

But what about Mr Lawrenson:
"Look and Damien Duff go. Yes, I do quite fancy him."

ooh really.

football shmootball :p

9 more days of school = 9 more times to get
up at 6am =.|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|

plus the joy of writing mean and vindictive reports about my not so favourite children ;)

Originally posted by lorcanzo
i'm not bored, i'm not in work, but i am about to get my tounge pierced and then go to see spiderman.

ahhhh, freedom....

:D :cool:

it's grand for a while lorcanzo,but in a few weeks you'll find yourself watching "My mother slept with our prize pig then fed it to us" on Jenny Jones in your boxers eating St Bernard Spaghetti products.When it happens,you'll know.

In other news:(from pitchfork)

Will Bryant reports:
In an absolutely stunning and unprecedented move in the world of peer-to-peer file-sharing, Audiogalaxy yesterday adopted a 'filter-in' system which requires not only the songwriter, but the music publisher and record company to all provide permission before allowing Audiogalaxy users to swap files. The new system was implemented as part of a settlement with the industry-funded Recording Industry Association of America, which sued Audiogalaxy last month and has pending litigation against file-sharing services Kazaa, Morpheus, and Madster.

The move allows Audiogalaxy to operate indefinitely under the new system, unlike Napster which was shuttered, bankrupted, and bought out by one of the very interests that sued them out of existence in the first place (media giant Bertelsmann). The policy is risky, though-- Audiogalaxy users were greeted yesterday by a field of "X"s (the icon signifying a blocked file) for every search, and it is unclear how many artists and labels will provide Audiogalaxy with the documentation necessary to unblock their albums or files.

Pitchfork unequivocally endorses the online music fan's fair-use right to sample and share the music they love, and we urge all independent labels and artists to take a stand on this issue by providing Audiogalaxy with the criteria they require to build the online world's first definitive-- and legal-- outlet for trading for new and exciting music.

Of course, Audiogalaxy's new policy will almost certainly curtail one of the most valuable services that peer-to-peer trading encourages: the free swapping of live shows, radio sessions, and bootlegs (like Bob Dylan's Genuine Basement Tapes, the Beach Boys' Smile, Liz Phair's Girlysounds, and Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot demos, all unavailable commercially). And you won't be able to use 'filter-in' systems to preview albums before their release date (as many have with pre-release leaks of the new efforts from Guided by Voices, the Flaming Lips, and Queens of the Stone Age). Albums on major labels may never be cleared for sharing at all-- and you can forget about the singles.

In a worst-case scenario, peer-to-peer services like Audiogalaxy will stagnate, providing users the green light to share files (even MP3s of your own band) months after the buzz has died down, rather than the instant gratification and unlimited selection users demand. Will major labels demand that their artists not provide file-sharing services permission to trade songs in exchange for a record contract? Or provide permission to 'breaking' artists while denying it to their top sellers? The move seems to have jimmied open a whole new barrel of sea-monkeys among those debating the relative merits of the settlement and its possible ramifications. It's not quite the win-win situation the RIAA's Hilary Rosen is gloating about on the industry flack's propaganda page, but at least independent labels and artists can have their say by allowing Audiogalaxy users to swap files with abandon-- even if you can't get the new Mudvayne, Hoobastank, or Sinisstar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back